The Boston Common Hotel and Conference Center
  • Breakfast included
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscopley squaretrinity churchgreat locationback bay stationorange linestay there againfew blockssubway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Hotel has a very good location, clean room, good complimentary breakfast and friendly guest service. If you come from Logan Airport, take direct shuttle to Copley Square (approximately one block to the hotel).You can also take the T. Hotel is nearly one block from Bay Back station (orange line)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Marcelo N
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Boston Commons is an older hotel located one block from the Back Bay Station, so it was a breeze to take the Logan Express Bus. The hotel reminded me very much of European hotels, which don't offer a lot of amenities, but are clean and adequate. I found this to be true of the Boston Commons. The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The WiFi worked in our room, but we never turned on the television, so I can't comment on that that aspect. The breakfast was Continental and provided a decent selection. I have no complaints because I don't go on vacation to spend lots of time in my room. If it's safe, clean , convenient and a fair price, that's all I care about. If you want luxury and lots of amenities, there are plenty of hotels surrounding the Boston Commons that will be happy to charge you three times the price. Unfortunately, the Commons couldn't accommodate me but one night, so I walked one block and paid triple the price to spend about 9 hours in my room.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank msmagnolia1978
Reviewed August 4, 2014

However my room was not clean. Carpet was stained. Tub was stained. Room, in general, needed a thorough top to bottom cleaning. Also the lack of internet access in 2014 is not acceptable esp, for a conference hotel. Continental breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ChrisHinCA
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a conference hotel, reasonably well located to Boston Common. It provides a self service basic continental breakfast. wifi is hit and miss in the guests rooms but is available free in the public areas. Staff were friendly and the hotel was more than adequate for our needs.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

First encounter with the hotel was the check in. It seemed as though it was just from lack of sleep but after her shift was over another lady was rude as well. Check in isn't until 3pm which left me out in the street for 7 hours. When I asked to sit in the lobby she gave me a whole lecture of how it was unprofessional of her. A simple "sorry that's against the rules" would've been nice. These people have no sympathy. She also had me and a couple of other customers waiting for 15 minutes while she went downstairs to "get a blanket". It took the security guard 15 minutes of us waiting until she actually notified the secretary that there were customers waiting. For $200+ the breakfast was just the simple bagel, muffins or cereal. The whole place was just old and run down. There are so many other hotels around the block that are more modern at the same price. I would recommend you check out those first.

• Stayed: August 2014