“Convenient to MBTA and local hospitals”

The Boston Common Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #80 of 85 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Hotel is very close to the MBTA. It is also very close to the hospital that my husband was in and the rate was much better than the medical rate of some of the other hotels in the area. There is a very nice breakfast area with an outside area which would be lovely in the good weather. Room was small but nicely appointed and more than adequate for our needs.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Carol R

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Great for the price, nothing luxurious, but all you need. You can enjoy the nice little included breakfast until 9:30 in a sunny atrium with tables. Parking is 28 dollars for 24 hours if you have a car. Check out time is 12pm if you want to take it slowly in the morning!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Clean well stocked iron, board, tv, desk, chair, remote, hairdryer, soaps, shampoo. You are paying for location, if you expect new go elsewhere this is an established property in the heart of Trinity Church area. A few blocks from Orange or Green T Line. Snow storm flight grounded us out of town for first night but front desk handled it and we were in our room by 10 am next day ready for us with rollaway as asked. Snow removed sidewalks, gave address for taxi 40 Trinity Place approx $20 25 cab ride from airport quick easy.

Room Tip: 807 top floor, view, other buildings and sky. Fair to good view. Yellow all tile bathroom. Older fur...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2014

At 2AM a stranger walked in to my room while I was asleep. I awoke when the door slammed shut. The person stood there arguing with me, as if I was going to pack up my bags in the middle of the night to give him the room. He left after I roared GTFO! When I called the front desk they acknowledged the error, reluctantly apologized, and offered to comp one of my three nights. I laid there until morning with seemingly endless adrenaline coursing through my veins. Their corporate office will be receiving a phone call today...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Peter S
Ed E, Manager at The Boston Common Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Hello Sir,

Again, I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced on Tuesday night. The hotel understands that the situation was completely unacceptable. After your conversation with myself and Kelley, our Guest Service Leader, yesterday, I was hoping we have resolved this issue. The hotel has refunded two nights of your three night reservation. In addition, we have given you our direct emails and phone numbers. I understand you come to Boston often, and it would make us extremely happy to assist in making it up to you on your next visit to the city. We hope you made it home safely before this next winter storm, and look forward to speaking with you again.”

-Erica Deagle
Director of Operations
Boston Common Hotel

Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was such a comfortable stay in BCH, not hard to find and really easy to get back to your place when you're touring around especially the time I went there is winter.

The location is not bad because it's just behind Amtrak Train station. It is also near the Prudential Tower and other convenient places for tourist.

The price is also worth it, not too expensive and luxurius, you just need a cozy place to stay and rest.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This a conference center, not a resort, so the rooms are small but comfortable. A business traveler on a budget can't beat this location. Steps away from the Amtrak and metro stations and easy public transportation access to the airport. I've stayed here many times and though dated, I've never found anything to be unclean. Continental breakfast is decent, and the staff is always attentive.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The combination of price and location makes this very attractive. While it is an older facility, it is clean, quiet and safe for a wonderful value….the rooms were comfortable though not luxurious…However, strongly recommend for its convenience and price!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple