“Location terrific and couldn't beat the price”

The Boston Common Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #79 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
“Location terrific and couldn't beat the price”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and were pleased. You can't expect a 4-5 star hotel at a budget price. Continental breakfast was fine and got us started for the day. Based on reviews we knew to expect small rooms and bathrooms but adequate because they were clean. Excellent helpful staff and daily maid service. Location was great- so close to the T stop coming from the airport and close to the 2 day hop on/off trolley stop. We could walk very easily to good restaurants, Boston Commons, and CVS store. Overall, the 4 of us were very pleased.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have never been able to figure out why some people pay a relatively low price and then expect a super-premium product. That is not the way the world works. This is a good hotel with a great location, and I encountered none of the problems a few others speak of. I wish that the hotel had a secure wireless connection. There is no wireless in the rooms. The wireless available in the lobby is not secure. This could be fixed at a reasonable cost to the hotel, or I would even pay a little more for it. However, I will restate that this hotel is a good value. Don't buy an economy car and expect a Maserati. I enjoyed my stay while at a conference nearby, and would stay here again without question.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a 4 night stay and all was fine. All interactions with the staff were good - they were very welcoming and informative.

The "breakfast" was the usual US affair and was ok, though the seating options were limited.

As a base for Boston and for the money paid I think you'd struggle to find better!

• Stayed August 2013
ooltewah tenn
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Good value in this location,back bay,next to Trinity church and the financial district.the hotel is old very old.the hotels in the neighborhood are 400.00,made this a good value at 200.00 per night. Will return.

• Stayed July 2013
Plainville, Connecticut
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Though the location was great, the mold in the bathroom, stained carpets and bedspreads, ripped bathroom shower curtain liner and bathroom door that wouldn't close all make this a hotel that I wouldn't go back to again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Boston hotels

Valrico
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I got a good rate on this hotel for a somewhat short-notice trip to see my daughter during a port call with the U.S. Coast Guard. It was further away from the port, but significantly cheaper than the hotels in closer proximity. However, it was conveniently located a block away from a hopping Copley Square near the T, so it was easy to get wherever I wanted to go. I left two early both mornings to check out the continental breakfast, so I can't provide any feedback about that. I really chose this hotel on price alone, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find that it was clean and comfortable. But I was mostly pleased with how courteous, professional and helpful the staff was toward me. I prize great customer service over just about anything else, and this hotel did not disappoint!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo