“Defintely recommend”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Defintely recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2009

My husband and I went to Boston for my birthday and stayed at the Embassy Suites. Since our arrival at the airport everything was easy and comfortable. A shuttle picked us up at the airport in five minutes and we were soon at the hotel since it's very very close. For that reason I thought the noise would really bother me but it didn't. It's conveniently located, you just have to cross an athletic field and you're at the T station, or if you prefer the shuttle takes you there too. The room is extremely comfortable, with a living room where you can eat or watch tv and relax, and a separate bedroom to rest very comfortably. The only complain is that the bed wasn't that comfortable for us, very soft, but we're used to sleeping in a very hard mattress so I figure that's the problem. The hotel offers a very varied breakfast buffet, and snacks in the afternoon which we really enjoyed. If we ever go back to Boston, I think we'll choose this hotel again.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KNDC3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

My wife and I stayed here on New Year's eve because we had an early flight on New Years day. We haven't stayed here in a while and I thought the hotel showed a bit of wear since we last stayed there. It still was adequate for an overnight. The complimentary reception gathering is horrible. Don't go. The restaurant is average at best but since it is more convenient than going out it serves the purpose. The horror show started after lights out. It was New Years eve and the hotel was hosting a private party in one of the function rooms. The music was so loud coming out of that party we could hear it in our room in the far corner of the hotel on the 4th floor ALL NIGHT LONG! When I went down to the lobby at 4a.m. and stepped out of the elevator the music was so loud I could feel the vibrations from the bass on my skin. We vitually had no sleep. I called and complained to the hotel manager the following week and to the hotel's credit they did refund my money. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Herbieiii
Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2009

As airport hotels go this one is quite good esp for the money. A free Embassy Suites bus continuosly circles the airport terminals and hotels. There's nowhere nearby to eat or drink but the basic hotel restaurant in the atrium serves the usual selection of fried foods etc until late and a free all-you-can-eat breakfast. The room was big and comfortable and easily accomodated the 5 of us. The area seemed very safe and we didn't feel threatened walking to the 7 mins to the blue line (Airport stop) subway station: walk straight across from the hotel into the kids playground opposite and the subway staion is in the far left corner of the artifical turf big sports field (10 o'clock direction). it's then only a couple of stops into town and the freedom trail etc.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank thehazards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2008

We stayed here 3 nights; the hotel shuttle collected us from the airport which was only a short distance to the hotel. The front desk staff was a little unpleasant and didn’t make us feel hugely welcome, however dealt with our check-in swiftly.

Our room was very clean, with a separate lounge area, complete with sofa, arm chair, coffee table, desk, flat screen TV and a wet bar. The bedroom also has a flat screen TV. The bedding was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and had basic amenities.

We had complementary breakfast each day, which consisted of a variety of cereals, fruits, pastries and extensive hot breakfast, including a hot omelette station.

The hotel also has a 24 hours swipe card access business centre, with 4 PCs each with Internet access and complimentary use of printers.

The hotel operates a shuttle service to the T-Station via the airport; however the station is within 5 minute walk through a well lit park. We walked through the park during the day and night whilst we were in Boston. The train takes approximately 10 minutes into the main town.

Overall apart from the unprofessional check in staff, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely return again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Check-In Staff
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Carpediem-mmm
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2008

We stay at the Embassy Suites Boston the 20 of december. It was just perfect ! Great location.The shuttle go to the airport and to the subway station .The room were very beautiful. They had a continental breakfest and some snack at the lobby in the evening.We realy enjoy our stay !

• Liked — THe location !
  • Disliked — Nothing !
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank MonctonAcadien
Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2008

Initially I was just looking for a hotel to stay in and didn't worry too much about what it offered because my focus was touring Boston. When I arrived it turned out to be more than I bargained for.

Location - Couldn't beat it for being a reasonably priced hotel close to the airport. The subway was just a short walk away. There was no problem with airport noise at all. Across the street was a small playground and a couple athletic fields which will come in handy when I return with my kids.

Service - Very professional and pleasant. Each night I would return and watch the Olympics at the hotel bar. The tender was always friendly, chatty and helped solo business travelers start up conversations. Room was always clean and the breakfast was outstanding.

If you pay more you can be in the city closer to a subway stop but for a discount, a little walking this hotel fit my needs.

• Liked — Walk to subway and airport. Good hotel bar.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

I have stayed at a number of Logan Airport hotels. This was my first time at the Embassy Suites. Their airport shuttle is efficient and if all you want to do is sleep before or after a flight, this hotel serves the purpose well. Comfortable beds, complimentary extensive breakfast buffet. As in all Embassy Suites hotels, the rooms are all large suites with kitchens -- something kind of unusual and hard to understand the need for in an airport sleep factory, far from food stores... if you are looking for a longer-term stay in Boston, there are certainly many more convenient hotels than this one. The next time I'm reserving a hotel near Logan I'm going to go back to the Hampton Inn (also a Hilton property). It's usually less expensive, the beds are just as comfortable, it's just as clean and inviting, and the service seems a little more personal (but the breakfast buffet isn't as grand and the location is another 3-4 minutes away from the terminals).

• Liked — Convenient to Logan Airport
  • Disliked — It can be pricey
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!