“Great place to stay when traveling in out of Boston”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport
Ranked #61 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel is in a convenient location near the airport. Restaurant in hotel had menu variety and the service was good. Hotel staff aims to please at this hotel and are very courteous. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
CharleneH493, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay and our property. We hope you visit again soon.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Front desk told me shuttle runs every 1o minutes. Unfortunately I waited about 30 minutes and missed Easter Dinner reservation with my son. The rest of the stay was good and would recommend hotel, I would just not rely on shuttle.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Joseph B

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input. I apologize regarding the incident you had with the shuttle. We hope you will give us another chance in your future to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

And as if the title wasn't enough to go by, the room, hotel and staff had several issues that need to be addressed. There were cracks in the ceiling and the tile in the bathroom. The tub stopper was broken and split in the middle. There was a lipstick stain on one of the drinking glasses upon entering the room for the first time. Housekeeping never refilled the free coffee pods on a daily basis for the coffee maker in the room. The microwave was unplugged, and required moving the entire wall unit to get to the outlet (which we gave up on trying to fix). The shower head and the sink in the bathroom had leaky-faucet syndrome. The walls were paper thin to the point that you could hear people using the restroom next door quite clearly. Trash in the room was only taken out once by housekeeping over the 4 day stay and we had to walk down the hall to the room that stored the ice machine on the floor in order to take out trash. The one time we requested room service for one item (an apple tart with a side of vanilla ice cream), which took 45 minutes to deliver, the order was incorrect (they left off the ice cream) and cold (it was suppose to be hot). The phone systems were down in the hotel, so if you needed anything, you had to walk downstairs. I requested extra towels and pillows (2 of each) before arrival and they were not there. I spoke to the front desk and requested them again. They were delivered 4 hours later that same evening, but were promptly taken back by housekeeping the next morning.

The staff in general seemed unkind and unfriendly. My roommates and I said our please and thank you’s whenever was asked a question (Such as, do you have a phone number for a cab company that you would recommend?) And their responses were short, terse, and arrogant in the tone of voice. It made me less willing to compliment or tip the staff because of their rude nature.

And to top it all off, the bill that came in at checkout morning had issues. The amount of my bill increased due to a rate change. I was never notified about the change in the rate, nor were any of my roommates. This was not just incredibly rude and dishonest of the hotel staff, but an underhanded move to weasel more money out of me. The rate that I booked online stated very clearly that it was for 3 people. I had several confirmations, email printouts, and screen shots to verify this to the front desk staff, but they were disinterested in helping me. We even called out the manager and she was reluctant to assist. I asked, politely, if I could get her email address and send her all of my confirmations about the booking as well as screen shots of the booking site that shows very clearly that the rate was locked in for 3 people. She had a very flippant attitude and response: “I guess, but accounting won’t accept it.”

Talk about terrible customer service. I took her email after a 20 minute discussion (it’s the day of checkout and I had a flight to catch; I couldn’t talk to them about it all day, which, sadly, a part of me wonders if they intentionally did that so they could avoid the issue and I end up paying the extra anyway), but as soon as I returned home that same day, I sent an email to Hilton and Embassy Suites corporate offices. This was a week ago (to the day) and they have still yet to respond to my concerns, and a request to refund the rate increase.

So not only is this review a negative experience with the hotel, but with the corporate offices as well. This would have been a really simple fix. I had the paperwork in hand AND they never notified me about a rate change until check-out. I should have been made aware of the price change the moment that it happened, but I was never told. And instead of helping me out, the hotel staff members were rude and were ready to push me out the door. The corporate offices have yet to respond.

Terrible service and I am going to do my best to try and avoid this chain of hotels in the future. It’ll be difficult with the Hilton brand overall, but Embassy Suites has lost a repeat customer.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs, less you want to be hit with an increased "rate change" that you are n...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
EmbassyGM09, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Please accept my apologies for the confusion on your rate. I believe there was some confusion from our booking partners and the terms of the contract for your group. Contract stated one rate for two people and additional $10 per per day per person over two guests. I will adress the issue with rudeness with the staff. I assure that is not acceptable. Most reviews on our service are good. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the issues with the room. I did look through our service logs to see if they were reported aand I did not find them. We typically move people with those types of issues so we can fix the problems without disturbing you. Please let me know if you reported the issue and no one responded. I did receive and email from Embassy Suites corporate this morning about your issue. I have responded back your personal email. Please feel free to send me more information my email michael.frotten@hilton.com. Again I apologize and assure this is not a typical stay issue.
Michael Frotten

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

The room is good but a couple of front desk were not so friendly when we were asking questionsn. Around the hotel is doing construction and they only offer the shuttle bus to airport. Not included the downtown. So it's really not that convenient for tourists. We had to take shuttle bus to airport and then transferred to other transportation. Also they don't provide sending the port cards or selling stamps. Plus their phone dead during our stay, even they noticed first but still kind of inconvenient.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
CharleneH493, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I do apologize for the inconveniences you endured while staying here. The phone and construction were out of our control, but there is no excuse for the front desk. Your issues will be addressed accordingly and we hope you will give our property another chance in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed here one night before flying out of Boston and it was a very nice place! My room had a microwave and a mini-fridge which is very helpful for me. The suite was nice and clean. My dinner at the restaurant tasted very good and the service was helpful and fast. Breakfast was similarly great (and free!). And the shuttle to the airport was quick and friendly. I didn't get to try out any of the other amenities, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. We greatly appreciate your kind words. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Noisy furnace which started constantly in bedroom. Poorly designed room. Over priced.worst food. Cheapest grade food.very poor breakfast. Heavily soiled dining carpet. A super 8 had better quality food. Thirty years ago they were a quality hotel with chefs in Minneapolis so thought standards may be good. so disappointing. Will never stay at one again.

• Stayed: April 2014
EmbassyGM09, Director of Food and Beverage at Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. I apologize for the issues you had with the ventilation system in the rooms, as well as the condition of the carpet. We regularly clean the carpets and have plans to replace it in the coming months. I have shared your comments regarding the breakfast and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with the service. I would welcome any correspondence and information about the food and issues you were having during your stay at Nick.Guarino@hilton.com We regret the poor experience you had due to the high volume of guests and should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed one night two adults and three children. Excellent value including hot breakfast 2 room suite. Very close to t stop. Excellent customer service. Offered us umbrellas today on this rainy day. Would definitely come back

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Charlestown
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!