“Two short stays”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Boston
“Two short stays”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well located next to major car rental companies at airport also short walking distance to Transit system (Airport Station) giving short ride into city centre.
Excellent complimentary breakfast - the full works.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Colin G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glendale, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Staff and Management really seem to know what they are doing...had a couple of minor problems with the room and they were addressed right away...breakfast is delicious with fresh omelets made to order and many other choices. It's a real breakfast every morning! Very nice. Every employee I spoke with was kind and professional.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Butner, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had a bad experience a few months back at a Hampton Inn in Savannah and said I would not stay at another Hilton property...but....we generally do like the ES...and they really had a decent price...and LOL...we share the same name...sooooo booked the ES for two nights June 7th thru the 9th. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel...only major disappointment was no more manager's reception with free drinks at this property..but I did get free WiFi which I was not expecting because I was a Hilton Honors member.

All Staff were very helpful...gave us directions on how to walk to the subway system. On Friday night it was pouring so we took cabs into downtown...huge mistake...lots of traffic and a long tunnel drive...cab with tip was about 38- 40 each way. We did roundtrip the next day on the T for 10...and it took all of 10 minutes..It seemed like our cab ride was 30 minutes!

There is a fantastic Italian restaurant about a mile or so from the ES...possibly walkable but it was an $8 cab ride for us...DiMillo's...we had a super meal with great service..but would make reservations as it only seats about 20 or so...very small but intimate with great food and good prices!

Would stay there again now that we know the subway system is doable and easy!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Right around the corner from the rental car pick-up. After fighting through Logan (one of the worst airports around) it was a welcome refuge. Nice rooms and across the street from a city park where I joined a pick up soccer game. Just past the park you can catch the train into downtown for good restraunts and culture.

This hotel is good for someone in town for business with just enough time to get out and do a few things. If staying for an extended amount of time and wanting to immurse yourself in the city - you might go closer to downtown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank road_tripping9110
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Exceeded my expectations.
Happy hour for guests. Shuttle bus. Great, spacious rooms, free wifi, business center, very helpful staff, free breakfast! I will definitely stay here again.

To be commended are the front desk staff working the late afternoon shift of may 26 (two girls) and the airport shuttle driver. Without them, I would have definitely missed my flight! They made miracles happen. I'm grateful for their professionalism, hope, and kindness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is close to the airport which is nice.
Rooms: okay size, enjoyed the suite part
Cleanliness: good, except we were given a cigarette blanket. There was one sheet on the pull out couch and the blanket. The blanket was beat up with holes. We called house keeping requesting a sheet and a different blanket. While she was changing the sheets she explained that there were people would smoke and put the cigarettes on the blanket. After that everything was fine. Breakfast should be served longer. They stop serving at 9, but if you come in late on a flight and sleep in you miss breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel to attend an event at the Convention Center. On the whole, I left with a positive impression of this hotel.

On the negative side, the transportation out of Logan Airport is a mess, particularly if you don't have a car, like me. While this hotel might have been maybe a 10-20 minute walk from the nearest airport terminal, distance-wise, I can't see how one could possibly find a way to walk to the hotel from the airport. While this might be because of construction, I blame it on the poor transportation layout. Moreover, when I was in Boston, there was no direct line from any of the airport arrivals areas or information desks to the hotel. The hotel offers shuttle service to the airport, but you have to call the hotel for pickup. I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg in roaming charges, so this was very inconvenient. I had to ask the attendant at the information desk to call for me, and sometimes where was no one on duty. The express bus from the airport to the convention center was pretty good, but sometimes there can be a long wait. In addition, I met up with a friend from Cambridge, and he had a lot of difficult getting to the hotel by car, as he got a bit lost in the airport transportation interchange.

On the plus side, the hotel was very clean. My room was spacious, quiet and comfortable. The free breakfast was very good, with a lot of variety for picky eaters. I especially liked having a free custom-made omelet for breakfast. Also, I found the bar to have decent food and beer. The staff were friendly and helpful. Also, despite my gripes about the location, it was convenient when I was going to the airport to fly home.

So, on the whole I had a good stay, but I felt I lost a lot of time travelling to and from the convention center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Charlestown
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport? Share your experiences!