“This restaurant never disappoints!”
Review of Cafe Rialto - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Rialto
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Hamden, Connecticut
“This restaurant never disappoints!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I first encountered Rialto perhaps 16 years ago, recommended by an avid San Franciso foodie, and since that time I have traveled back to Boston numerous times--son attended college there--and on many occasions, have frequented this fine establishment. There are so many wonderful restaurants in the city, but it's nice to return to a favorite haunt every now and then. Again, it never disappoints...presentation, taste, selection, and pretty stellar desserts.

• Visited February 2013

Pittsburgh
“Superb food, outstanding service”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My daughter and I had dinner at the Rialto last week, and it was a delight from start to finish. The meal itself was memorable. I had the cold tomato soup, lamb, and strawberry fritters; my daughter had the cheese plate as an appetizer, the chicken, and the chocolate crema. The fritters were okay but not as good as I had anticipated, but the crema was fantastic. Even the bread and olive oil were exxceptional.

But what I really wanted to post about was the service, which was absolutely first rate. Our waitperson (whose name I didn't get) was very well informed about every menu item we asked about. She was friendly but not intrusive. She didn't embarrass us for splitting a glass of wine, and she even produced a shawl for me when the air conditioning got to be chilly. She was a patron's dream.

Rialto is expensive. But it was worth every cent. If you're looking to give yourself a very special night out, this would be an excellent place to choose.

• Visited August 2012
roslindale ma
“Great food!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have dined here 4 or 5 times with groupon coupons. Love the pizza, always fresh toppings!Salads are very good too.Sat. nites it gets busy, but they do take reservations, usually get a seat at the bar.

• Visited March 2012