“Good food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We ate here after visiting the convention center. We were seated promptly. It was a thursday night and the bar was packed. We started with drinks and chips and salsa with fresh guacamole. Yummy. I had fish tacos and my wife had chicken burritos. They were both good. The service was great and prices were reasonable.

1  Thank BostonTricky
There are newer reviews for Papagayo

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We went here last night to have dinner with another couple. The service was definitely lacking from our waitress. However, the food made up for it. We ordered fish tacos and chicken fajitas. Delicious! The margarita was awesome and not too sweet and also very big. The dessert was great we order the flan, the banana taquitos and the sopapillas. The latter was missing something in the dough, it could have been sweeter.

1  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stopped in for what my wife and I thought would be just a quick drink before heading to a later reservation elsewhere and ended up staying. Margaritas were incredible, food was quick and flavorful, service was attentive. Very nice

Reviewed February 1, 2014

First, the service was Great!!! Food not so much, not very authentic at all. Margaritas were great though, which for me made up for the food not being great.
I ordered the shredded beef tacos, thinking you can't really mess that up. But they were not authentic the sauce they were marinated in was almost like tomato sauce, and sweet. yuck! The rice and beans were better. My BF ordered fish tacos, he said not the best but not the worst.
Our server was awesome, I ordered the strawberry jalapeno margarita (sooo spicy I could barely take a sip) He brought me a x-rated margarita instead much better. And the house margaritas were pretty good as well.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I think I drank 9 diet pepsis. our waiter Shawn (said with super boston accent) was a Charlestown local and speedy with the Pepsi and dozen or so bowls of chip refills.

I had the fajita combo - was definitely good but I was not blown away.

Great prices and shawn was a nice guy - would definitely go back.

1  Thank ilovecorndogs