Stayed here for couple of nights in junior suite for excellent price of $206 plus tax, booking through hotel was surprisingly the cheapest rate obtainable, particularly as hotel was full. Excellently located, away from the husle and busle, 10min cab drive to Boston park, but 5min walk to anywhere in Back Bay area, with fab Newburry Street and the shopping stretch of Boylston streets short walk away. It was excellent to go for a walk on a warm night to Newburry street and have dinner in one of its numerous and excellent bars and eateries. The small sitting room adjacent to the bedroom faced onto the Commonweath Ave and the large bus stop, but due to double glazing and superb furnishings and sun block out, it was super quiet. The aircon system was the quietest I have ever encountered, made for super pleasant sleep on a hot summer night.
It is rarely that I give 5/5 to any hotel I stay in, Hyatt in Milan being notable exception, but Commonwealth was simply excellent, due to its attention to detail and superior service touches, including:
- preprogrammed numbers in the phone, super easy, and super efficient;
- one of the most helpful directories ever encountered, particularly one called "At Your Service"
- selection card for 5 choices of newspaper;
- jogging map and a walking map of Back Bay souvenir worthy with its charming old world look, but most importantly useful;
- taking "super clean" to a new level;
- thoutful design, such as hooks for hanging your bathrobe net to (small but cute) bath;
- choice of spa and massage services, including for expectant mothers as well as busy executives;
- small room service menu, but tasty and reasonably priced meals, and pleasant surprise inclusion of "dining out" section in the in room dining folder;
- efficient complimentary WIFI and free document printing;
- Ipod stands, etc.
- lovely gallery of photography for your enjoyment, fab breakfast room in their restaurant, excellent service and cosy art deco features, to name just a few.
The only thing that would make this hotel perfect is multi (adaptorless) international powerpoints which the best hotels are increasingly installing (at least at the business desk area). Excellent hotel, beautifully appointed, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A thoughtful reimagining of what a Boston hotel can be, Hotel Commonwealth unhinges luxury from its traditional definition to bring guests urban vibrance and the ultimate in unscripted hospitality, right in Kenmore Square. That our stylish spot flanks Boston's beloved Fenway Park shines bright on its list of perks, as does being in easy embrace of the city's prominent academic, medical, technology areas. Offering notably ample guestrooms, an authentic "of-service" culture, and food so good even the locals are loyal, our hotel has distinguished itself as a Boston favorite. Newly conceived interiors remain faithful to the hotel's legendary welcoming feel, blending effortless style with considered comforts to create a relaxed urban destination. The result? A refreshingly real hotel where travel smart professionals and knowing influentials converge for inspiration and the unbridled joy of getting it right. This is Hotel Commonwealth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Commonwealth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Commonwealth Hotel Boston