4,722 results
All reviewseastern standardfenway parkisland creek oyster barkenmore squarefenway roomboston universityfront deskred sox gamejunior suitehouse of bluesroom servicegreen linefavorite hotelbeautiful hotelsitting arearoom was spaciousthe entire staff
Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Who would have thought? We always stay with Marriott properties given our status. We took a chance and decided to try this out due to location! Whoa! Fantastic staff, location and accommodations! Our room was stellar! Clean, roomy and packed with everything we needed. I mentioned in passing about my wife's birthday to Keith at the front desk. When we arrived from dinner we were surprised to see a gift of love from Keith and the staff. we will always check for a room based on impressive touch of class and friendliness imparted on us this stay. Hotwire suggested the hotel and our luck found us a goldmine!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

toofahn,
Thank you for trying Hotel Commonwealth for your recent visit to Boston. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay so thuroughly and that Keith was able to enhance your experience. We aim to provide a more personal level of hospitality than the typical brand hotel and I'm especially pleased we succeeded with your stay. We hope to see you back in Kenmore Square soon.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Great location, close to transportation and attractions. Staff friendly and willing to help with anything. Check out was at noon and our plane didn't leave to 7pm, front desk was more than happy to hold our luggage while we walked around the city. Room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Megan A

Megan A,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

I had a gorgeous suite, but... it FAILED MISERABLY ON AN IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTIC NEEDED FROM A HOTEL: the curtains on the window did not block enough light. There was light pouring in from the top & bottom of the window, even with the curtains carefully closed all the way. This is totally, 100%, unacceptable. I woke up an hour before my alarm, which I never ever do, because the sun was blaring in. With all of the fancy interior designing put into that room, this is a ridiculous failure which ruined my stay. I would rather have stayed in a motel, as long as the darn curtains worked properly.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dan_rarely_complains,

I'm sorry to hear that the blackout curtains in your room did not function properly. We certainly have proper blackout curtains in the room but clearly we have 1 set that needs repair. I would appreciate if you could email me directly at adam.sperling@hotelcommonwealth.com and let me know the room you stayed in so I can insure it's been repaired.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

I've stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth a couple of times and will be returning again in a couple more times. It is not a super luxe hotel like a Four Seasons but it is very nice and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Kenmore Square is convenient to a lot of places and there are plenty of things to do in the area. In the Hotel, both restaurants are very good and lively. The downstairs lounge, The Hawthorne, is a must for anyone interested in the creative cocktail scene. Really good bartenders who know what they are doing. Boston hotel parking isn't cheap and The HC is no exception - however the valet service is very good and pretty timely. The front desk staff has been very helpful in recommendations as well as when we have left things in the room. WiFi is fine and free and if you need to, you can pay for a speed upgrade. It is a city hotel so noise can be an issue if you are sensitive to that - one side is Kenmore Square with all of its traffic and the other is the Mass Pike and Fenway Park.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Movedaroundalot,
Thank you for staying at Hotel Commonwealth and for posting a review. I am pleased both the hotel and our convenient location work so well for you and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My first Trip Advisor review was about the Hotel Commonwealth six years ago, and we have returned regularly since then. Recently renovated and expanded, it is the perfect place to stay if you are doing anything BU or Red Sox/Fenway concert related. Terrific staff from great doormen, bell staff, and hosts to service. Excellent comfortable rooms/beds, and the bonus of having Island Creek Oyster House, Eastern Standard, the Hawthorne bar, and a Starbucks all within the building. An easy walk to Newbury Street/Prudential Center, and plenty of food options in walking distance. Excellent!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business

Conseiller99,

Thank you for all of your past supportof Hotel Commonwealth and for taking the time to post a review. I'm pleased our staff helped enhance your stay and I hope to continue to earn your support in the future.