“How do I love thee...let me count the ways”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have to say I loved every minute of my stay at the Hotel Commonwealth... from being greeted by the doorman who assured me the weather would improve for the Red Sox game that night, to Nick at the front desk who greeted me by name when I walked up to sign in and then asked if we would like some bottled water, to the beautifully decorated clean and spacious room with wonderful linens and toiletries and a great view of the city - oh I could go on and on but suffice to say that every single employee of the hotel we encountered was polite, friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is a real gem. We met friends in the city for this weekend and they also stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth because we were there. We both remarked that we had read some of the mixed reviews of this hotel and were totally puzzled by them as our friends experience was the same as ours! We had a junior suite (521) on Friday the 13th - ha! and it was the best luck ever. Love you Hotel Commonwealth and can't wait to return.
PS if you want to eat at Island Creek Oyster book ahead. We did a week before and got one of the last reservations.

Room Tip: We had the Junior Suite - 521 - faced Commonwealth and was super quiet at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

MBHfromNH,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent (Friday the 13th!) stay with us. I so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that Nick and the team were able to be helpful along the way. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,580)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We spent a family vacation here with our children and grandchildren. The hotel gave us adjoining rooms which are large, fresh and comfortable. The staff is very pleasant and helpful, and the two adjoining restaurants are excellent. A subway entrance is just outside the front door, and many places of interest are within walking distance. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

JgEg 41,

Thank you for providing feedback and for making us part of your family vacation to Boston.
I'm pleased to hear you found are rooms so well suited to your family's needs. We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

! Great way to spend our anniversary in Boston and so close to everything. We selected the game on package and stayed at the hotel overlooking Fenway! It was wonderful. The staff was pleasant and professional .

• Stayed: June 2014
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

rbedard16,

Thank you making us part of your Anniversary celebration and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and especially glad to heat that our staff was accommodating.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Hotel Commonwealth was wonderful! The staff was warm and very helpful. We had a second floor junior suite that was newly remodeled. Perfect. Both restaurants Island Oyster and Eastern Standard are very good. Great location for Red Sox games.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Ginger P,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed both the hotel and restaurants. I hope the Sox won !

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed in a Junior Suite room at the Commonwealth for two days. We could not have asked for a more perfect hotel experience. The room was spacious, quiet, and well appointed. All of the staff, including car valets, front desk personnel, and room service personnel were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We generally had our in-hotel meals via room service, and the food and service were great!

A tablet PC was provided in the room, through which many hotel services and supplies could be requested. It also provided Internet access via free wifi. When we first arrived I found that it had to be rebooted (turned off and then on) before it would recognize me as a registered guest, and unlock some of these features. The one suggestion I would make to hotel management is that the tablet and its usefulness be called to the attention of guests staying at the hotel for the first time.

Alfred W,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and your suggestion to add an orientation of the tablets to our check-in process is spot on and we will implement that right away!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth on 6/7. Stayed on the side facing the street, very spacious and comfortable room. I was most impressed with the quality of the service throughout my stay. All of the employees at the front desk were friendly and interested in our stay. I spoke to steven who is a manager at the hotel and he did an excellent job at handling a minor situation that occurred during my stay. I would certainly come stay here again.

Anthony D,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and that Steven and the Front Desk team helped enhance your visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Not worth the money. The hotel is in need of some serious updating. The rooms are outdated, but the lobby and restaurant were very nice . We stayed in one of the executive suites. It was very spacious, but the furniture was from the 80's or 90's. The bathroom was very small, even in the executive suite. The toilet was literally touching the bathtub, which made for an odd experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

TravelLady618,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. The hotel at the time of your stay in April was in the final stages of putting all new furniture in place, a process that has since been completed. I hope you will consider giving us another try and see our new more modern and urban look which we are very pleased with.