“Great boutique hotel”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We travel to Boston a lot but never managed to stay here before. The times we considered it, it was always sold out. I'm glad we finally got the chance because we will definitely come back. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The room configuration was really interesting and nice, the sitting area was separated from the bed by a great looking, heavy curtain that could be drawn across the room. This works well for us as my husband gets up insanely early and likes to sit and read somewhere. Everything else in the room & bathroom was quite nice and I loved the Mallin & Goetz toiletries. The room was also a good size for the money (I believe we had a jr suite and it was slightly less than $400). We ordered dinner from room service and the food was tasty. My only complaint is that there really weren't any healthy vegetarian options so I had an unhealthy, though delicious, grilled cheese on rye. We only stayed one night and had to leave early in the morning so I can't say whether there was a gym/fitness area. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dicooley
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

dicooley,

Thank you for staying with and taking the time to provide feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we get to welcome you back to one of our Commonwealth Jr Suites in the future

Write a ReviewReviews (4,537)

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have spent 8 nights at Hotel Commonwealth during a conference. Everything went well and smoothly. Peoples are friendly and helpul.
My Fenway room at 5th floor was spacious and very quiet although it face highway and Fenway park. I just had few minor problems (misfunctioning on the Ipad style tablet, problem with the TV).
One regret : the absence of a buffet for breakfast and the rather late opening at 7 PM

Room Tip: I was on 5th floor on the backside of the hotel (cheaper rooms) but it was very quiet
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank NeutrinoParis

NeutrinoParis,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay with us. The tablets in the guestrooms are new and I apologize that yours didn't work correctly. We are working on the few hick-ups and am confident that they will provide flawless results in the future.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We couldn't be happier with our stay at Hotel Commonwealth. The entire staff was helpful, welcoming, and very friendly--we really appreciated Jane and Jeff spending so much time explaining the city, printing boarding passes, and talking to our children. We stayed at Hotel Commonwealth at the end of a vacation north, so it was a perfect ending. Our children were spoiled by the hotel staff, who made the experience so much more than "just a hotel stay." We were surprised with seats from Fenway Park in our room for our kids to enjoy as well as a Red Sox goody basket!

The room was very spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. The hotel's location is perfect--right across from the T station and around the corner, a very short walk, to Fenway. We will definitely be staying at Hotel Commonwealth in our future visits to Boston!

Room Tip: Love the Fenway Park view rooms!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather M

Heather M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. I am pleased that your entire family enjoyed the visit (especially the kids !!) and that Jeff & Jane were able to make your stay more enjoyable.

We look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future !

Reviewed June 7, 2014

This property lives up to its great reviews--our room was beautiful, quiet and comfortable. And service was exceptional. The T station right next to the hotel makes up for the location being a little away from the center of town. Very good restaurant too (we had the "bed and breakfast package" so ate breakfast there both mornings). The ONLY complaint is that parking is expensive. It is of course expensive anywhere in Boston, but to park our car at 6 p.m. and stay until we needed to go to the airport at 4 p.m. the next day, we were going to have to pay $46 for the overnight parking plus another $20 for staying past 2:00--so $66 for less than 24 hours. So we parked a mile away in the Prudential Center garage which was $40 for 24 hours and took the subway to the hotel. All-in-all, however, a excellent value and an outstanding hotel. We won't hesitate to stay at Hotel Commonwealth on future trips.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Boromac

Boromac,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Thanks

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Sourced through Hotwire, I was a bit dubious about our booking as we seemed to have secured a good deal. I needn't have worried as we had a warm welcome and had a nice room overlooking Fenway Park.
The room was a good size and the bed was very comfy.
The staff were lovely, very helpful and cheerful.
Walking into the heart of Boston took about 15 minutes and the trip back from South Station area took around 25 minutes on foot.
I would have preferred that the coffee machine was already in the room instead of having to order it (via the in-room ipad) from room service, especially as it is complementary. That's my only tiny negative.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

luxuryaddict,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful hotel and terrific service. We were enthusiastically greeted by the front desk people and Nick who checked us in also gave us great dinner recommendations! It's a lovely boutique hotel that has all of the amenities with exceptional service! Highly recommend...

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Carolynn G

Carolynn G,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

I am especially pleased to know that Nick had a positive impact on your stay.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

First, I have never written a review for a business EVER! But, The commonwealth staff deserves this review. I was greeted at the door by the doorman by name. Never picked up a bag and was escorted to the front desk, there I met Jane and Nick. After discovering I was with My wife for a business trip, I was given an upgrade to a suite....which was SWEEETTT!!! Everyone was exceptional from start to finish. They catered to our every need and checked on how we were every day we were there. The location is walking distance from great restaurants, shopping, and bars. With all this said JANE was the best....She deserves a BIG RAISE management!!!!!!!!!!!

We will stay here as long as the employees are there... and as the Bostonians say Cheers!!

Matt B.

Room Tip: Talk to nick or jane
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Thank bonadona3 .

bonadona3,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and I'm so pleased to hear that Nick & Jane had a positive impact on your stay.
The team here is terrific and we all (including Nick & Jane) look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Thanks