“Great customer service!!!!”

Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Houston, Texas
“Great customer service!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The entire staff at this beautiful hotel went completely out of their way to make sure that our stay was perfect. The airlines lost my luggage and I was very upset. Jane checked us in and she was wonderful, especially since I was a bit distraught over my missing luggage. Austin was very helpful getting what we had with us to the room. Jane, Austin, and Evan put a bag together of small goodies to help cheer me up. I was extremely grateful and surprised! Bed was comfy and the room was clean. Room service was quick and the beer cheese was tasty!!! The only downfall was that Oyster Creek was too crowded for us to get into. Perhaps they could leave a table or two open for hotel guests sometime.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Danna L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,016)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We spent three nights at the Commonwealth with our teenage children. Both rooms were very spacious, spotlessly clean, and tastefully decorated. The floor we were on had just been remodeled, so everything felt and looked fresh. The hotel is flanked by two very good restaurants. The Island Creek Oyster Bar is a very lively, hip place with an amazing bar and fabulous cocktails. The seafood is just incredible. Eastern Standard is also good and serves an excellent breakfast. But the best part of our experience at the Commonwealth was the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff, in particular Jane and Evan at the front desk. They were both unbelievably helpful, accommodating, and kind to these weary travelers. We so appreciated their willingness to meet our every request with a friendly and personable smile. They are every front desk manager's dream. This is the only place we will stay next time we visit Boston.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
asperling, General Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you Coriolanus9 for your comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel Commonwealth. I was especially pleased that both Jane & Evan were helpful in ensuring your enjoyed your visit. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Adam Sperling
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here over the last weekend to celebrate my bf's birthday in the city. When we arrived the doorman and valet were so helpful and friendly. I felt very welcome! The person who checked us in to our room was a bit curt, but every other person we encountered who worked there was extremely pleasant and a joy to be around. The room was spacious, clean, and smelled wonderful. Our king bed was heavenly, I wish we could have taken it home with us!

And to make the experience even better, I accidentally left my make up bag in one of the drawers, and thought for sure it was gone forever. But I called the next morning and they had it, with my room number and the name of the employee who found it when cleaning our room on the bag. My bf and I were so impressed and satisfied with our stay. It's a bit more expensive than some other hotels in Boston, but well worth the money for peace of mind and amazing amenities and staff. Thanks Hotel Commonwealth!

• Stayed March 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Excellent hotel and I am a pretty descering traveler. Way too many choices in Boston, we selected HC based entirely on the TripAdvisor rating which I always found to be an accurate representation of the hotel. While we stayed just one night, we managed to hit all 3 restaurants on property (Oyster Creek, East West, and 500a Commonwealth) between drinks, dinner, and breakfast. I was not excited about my food and beverage bill but it is to be expected for Boston and in line with all other properties of like kind. The room was very clean! The staff wen out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. Very pleased to see that WiFi was included, I don't like spending a lot on a room only to pay more for something that should be standard. We have to rethink our upcoming Boston trip in June to include this property given that it's been tried and tested.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Milford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Stayed here for the second time on a overnight getaway package. Great dinner at Island Creek Oyster before the Mike Gordon show at House of Blues. Nick, the Concierge remembered us from our last stay and upgraded us to the Baseball Suite which was fantastic! Overall service in this hotel and all 3 bars and restaurants are always a 10.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

I truly have no negatives to report. We arrived very late, were cheerfully greeted, we were thrilled to find both restaurants open and got lovely service. The room was beautiful, the bed comfy, the bathroom large and clean and pleasant, staff couldn't have been more helpful. I especially appreciate being able to order a real breakfast rather than being subjected to the usual tired breakfast buffet. Ok, one suggestion - stronger coffee (: Truly a lovely stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mamaroneck, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Hotel Commonwealth is so conveniently located in downtown Boston. The entire staff is friendly and courteous from the front desk to room service! I also had some contact with the event staff who is just as accommodating. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable, and clean. I cannot wait to return!I just hope it will be a little warmer next time. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business