4,754 results
All reviews eastern standard fenway park island creek oyster bar kenmore square fenway room boston university front desk red sox game junior suite house of blues room service green line favorite hotel beautiful hotel sitting area room was spacious the entire staff
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Hotel Commonwealth is such a lovely hotel located in such a convenient part of Boston. The staff, and especially Evan at the front desk, were so welcoming and helpful, it was like coming home every time I came back to the hotel. And what a comfortable bed!! I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Debbie G
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Wow! What a cool place and great location with lots of great restaurants and shopping within walking distance.
We spent almost 4 days out in a chain hotel in the suburbs before moving to Hotel Commonwealth for 3 days. Valet parking whisked us out of our car and to the reservation desk. We received a complimentary upgrade to a Junior Suite on the second floor. This great room included a living room sized suite and king sized bed with lots of room so your suitcases and other possessions stayed out of the way.
The staff was polite and helpful in every instance we interacted with them. One person at the desk walked me through the instructions for using the boom box for an iPod in our suite. Another time I was filling the ice bucket and trying to fit enough ice in the little bucket with the larger sized plastic bags that don't fit the buckets when filled with ice when one employee saw me struggling not to spill the ice and reached in to give me a hand in holding the bag. He asked if I needed more ice than what I was getting. In a world where travelers routinely encounter unnecessary problems and rudeness (sometimes it's the travelers who are rude), Hotel Commonwealth and its employees were refreshingly polite and helpful.
The Oyster restaurant attached to the Hotel was popping on Friday night. We had eaten at an another great local restaurant and stopped in for a nightcap. The place was so packed we couldn't even sit at the bar. From watching all the people while waiting to see if we could get seated, you could tell there was a reason for all the people smiling and enjoying themselves.
Hotel Commonwealth is our new go to hotel every time business or pleasure takes us to Boston.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My spouse and I stayed on a recent Monday evening so that we would arrive on time for early morning appointment at Longwood area hospital. From making our reservation to our leavetaking in early morning, everything was perfect. Reservations did not hesitate to honor a room rate that I quoted from Groupon. Our room on 2nd floor had great view of Fenway Park - room itself was spacious and impeccably clean. Bathroom with soaking tub also large and immaculate with lovely toiletries. Room very quiet - no traffic sounds from street or hallway. Staff was all very attentive, professional and courteous. Valet overnight parking pricey, but worth the peace of mind.
Thank you, Hotel Commonwealth for a most comfortable stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caro10104
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've stayed numerous times, and have always had a wonderful time. It is conveniently located, has two great restaurants and a T-stop just outside the door. The staff is always friendly and willing to help on any occasion. My requests have been varied, and they always come through.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Lovely ,classic hotel. Staff was gracious and professional from the the time I made the reservation and throughout my stay. The room was well appointed with luxury linens and a very comfortable bed. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank janice W
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear janice W,

Thank you for providing us with feedback about your stay. I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable from beginning to end. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,