Hotel Commonwealth
$187
$168
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

$206
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $327/night.

$263
$254
Fairmont.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $303/night.

$202
$182
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $301/night.

$194
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $277/night.

$259
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $297/night.

Omni Parker House(Boston)
$222
$206
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

$272
$229
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $306/night.

$179
$157
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $295/night.

$237
$203
Official Site
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

4,662 results
All reviewseastern standardfenway parkisland creek oyster barkenmore squarefenway roomboston universityfront deskred sox gamejunior suitehouse of bluesroom servicegreen linefavorite hotelbeautiful hotelsitting areathe entire staffroom was spacious
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Lets break it down, shall we?

Location:
* Great if you are a baseball fan esp. Red Sox. Fenway was just around the corner, great view of it from certain rooms
* Subway (green line) was right there. The entrance was a few steps from the hotel door

Room:
* We had a double-bed room. It was nice and spacious. The negative thing about it was this constant noise. I think because it was on the 2nd floor right by the roof top, so there was heater/fan unit making that noise. It was annoying and hard to sleep. We mentioned it to the front desk the next morning but nothing was done. We were there for 3 nights. When we checked out, we mentioned it to the assistant manager. He apologized and said they would make it up to us next time if we stay with them again. If if it wasn't for the noise, it would deserve 5 stars!

Restaurants:
* There are 2 great restaurants on site
1) Island Greek Oysters. We were just gonna have some oysters and drinks. We ended up having dinner there. Glad we did. The food was excellent. It got crowded as soon as it was opened for dinner at 5. People kept coming in and the wait at one point was over an hour. Therefore, a Must try!
2) Eastern Standard. We ordered desserts to our room 2 nights in a row. Everything was so delicious. We decided to at least eat there before we left. So we settled for lunch. Again, good decision! Hate to repeat myself but another Must try!

Oh another plus... FREE WI-FI in the room :-)

Room Tip: * try to avoid 2nd floor * call the hotel before arriving with your needs, they are pretty accommodationg * MUST try the restaurants onsite
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Mai M,

Thank you very much for a break down of your stay. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and also to read all of your positive remarks. I do apologize about the noise you experienced in your room. Please contact me at your earliest convenience as I would like to discuss this matter further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in November 2013 while speaking at a conference at BU. They gave me a free upgrade to a junior suite, which was extremely spacious, and (on the top floor) relatively quiet even though it had terrific views of Commonwealth Ave. (The traffic noise was much less than one would expect.) The decor was perhaps a little old-fashioned but very comfortable, and included a nice wooden desk (along with some books of local Boston interest, which were chosen well). The temperature in the room was a little hard to adjust and my shower had a slow drain, but the latter problem was addressed promptly when I called the front desk about it.

My only substantive complaint about this hotel is this: if you offer room service, you have to actually deliver it. On the morning of my presentation at BU, I knew time would be tight so I signed up for the (typically overpriced, but worth it, I thought) room service breakfast. It said put out your card by 2am; mine was out by midnight. But in the morning, no breakfast appeared and it turned out that nobody had bothered to pick up my card! I called the kitchen and they were apologetic, but by that point it was too late to do anything about it, so I just had to skip breakfast. Note to hotel: you don't have to offer room service breakfast, but if you do offer it, you need to follow through.

Room Tip: My 5th floor room (the top floor) was pretty quiet; I'd try to get a high floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear J R,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our room product and decor. I am sorry about the opportunity you experienced with your room service order. I understand how this negatively affected your stay. Concerns with this incident have been discussed with our in room dining team. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a great location for access to various parts of the city because of proximity to public transportation. We were there to visit a BU student and go to a BC football game.

The rooms were clean and very comfortable...the staff very attentive to our every need.

We booked through Orbitz and had a decent rate for a November weekend.

We would definitely stay there again,

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bonnie J B,

Kenmore Square is a perfect location for what you were in town for. We hope you will join us again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 2 nights at this charming hotel. From the valet, to the doormen, the front desk and the housekeeping staff-everyone was SO nice!! What a wonderful find. We travel all over the world and this staff would be hard to beat. Our room was well furnished, nicely lit, comfy bed and to be upstairs from the AMAZING Island Creek Oyster restaurant, life just does not get any better. Not to mention the awesome bar off the main entrance, "The Hawthorne". That's another review, but don't miss it. Extraordinary.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear nkelliher,

Our staff prides themselves on the level of service that they provide. I am thrilled that you were able to witness this first hand. We are very fortunate to have three wonderful food and beverage outlets located right here on property. I hope you and your husband will join us again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great Experience. One of the best Hotels I ever stayed. Good Room Size, Bed. Great Service, free WIFI to unlimited devices...
Subway Station on site, very easy to go to all places in Boston. I definetly recommend this Hotel.
It was an unique experience.

Room Tip: All Rooms are great
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lamesquita,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about so many different aspects of your stay. I am trilled that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon.