4,817 results
All reviews eastern standard fenway park island creek oyster bar kenmore square fenway room boston university red sox game junior suite house of blues room service front desk staff green line favorite hotel wonderful hotel sitting area the entire staff rooms are spacious
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to the Bedtime Stories Event at the Hotel Commonwealth with our young children. My husband and I were greeted with glasses of champagne and our kids were given backpacks of goodies which they continue to play with. The room was beautiful and the staff was very kind. We had room service for dinner and the food was delicious. The evening events and pancake breakfast the next morning for the whole family were fun and memorable. We look forward to going again next year!

Room tip: My kids loved looking down on Kenmore Square. The room was very quiet.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear k s,

Thank you for your review about our Bedtime Stories event. It is a wonderful event that we are able to have every year. I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed it and plan on returning next year. We look forward to seeing you.

Best,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed for two nights here recently and from the moment I pulled up to the hotel it was a wonderful experience. The staff were kind and prompt and very helpful.

Stayed in a Fenway room with a king sized bed. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was a great size. It was very clean save for a few stains on the couch but that wasn't unexpected.

The bathroom was a very good size with plenty of counter space and shelving for my belongings. The bathroom products provided were very nice as well.

Ordered room service twice and both times they were prompt and the food from Eastern Standard was delicious. Very helpful that the room service is 24 hours.

I plan on making this my go to hotel whenever I'm in the area.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank KG876

Dear K G,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our Fenway room and everything it had to offer. We are very fortunate to have our room service provided by Eastern Standard, it is a great restaurant. We hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I visited Hotel Commonwealth in Boston last October. Our stay there, enhanced our trip in so many ways. The staff always so helpful and cheery enabled us to feel really cared for while staying here. The room was just lovely. Exceptionally clean every day (we stayed a week). After a busy day in the city, returning to The Hotel Commonwealth felt like a relief, a coming home feeling. The room was exceptionally large, with a large bath room as well. Everything one would need, hair dryer, ironing board/iron, plush bath robes. Even a beautiful wooden handled umbrella a thoughtful touch. Koreig coffee maker in room also nice touch, which was restocked every day. The bed and pillows very comfortable and nice linens gave us a needed rest every night. Chocolate on pillows and linen turn down every night was lovely. I was most impressed with the General Manager, who took a personal interest in his guests. We ran into him one day as we were exciting the hotel. He inquired about our stay. We told him we were on the way to Cape Cod for a couple of days and would return to the hotel to finish our stay in Boston. He took the time to stop and make sure we had the name of a wonderful hotel on the cape, gave us his business card with that general managers name and called ahead for us to tell them he personally referred us. Now that is service! And by the way, his referral was just perfect and due to his help, we had another great stay on the cape. The Hotel Commonwealth stored our extra luggage while we were gone and when we returned to finish our stay they had our new room all ready, stocked with the things we liked. It was wonderful. A mention about the location. Our room literally over looked Fenway Park. What fun! The rooms are quiet. Right next door just feet away is the subway entrance which helped us to safely and quickly get in and out of the city. The neighborhood is lovely for walking as well. If you don't want to dine or take the time for breakfast at the hotel, McD's is literally 3 doors down. I have tried to detail as much as I can so the next time in Boston you will choose this wonderful hotel, as I will as well! Thank you trip advisor for leading me to this fantastic hotel!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Marilyn M,

Thank you for all of your kind words about your experience at Hotel Commonwealth. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the service and overall comfort of our hotel. It is great to hear that our General Manager was able to enhance your stay on Cape Cod as well. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Every single employee we encountered was both professional and genuinely nice. The rooms are large and comfortable, and the free wifi is the sort of amenity that really matters. The location (two steps from the Kenmore stop on the green line) is convenient and the restaurant (Eastern Standard) is reasonable and good.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank abcpoet

Dear abcpoet,

Thank you very much for your feedback. At the Hotel Commonwealth, we pride ourselves on the personalized service we are able to provide. I am glad that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and amenities. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Warm regards,

smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had a Fenway room for 2 nights with a rollaway bed for one of our children. The room was spacious even for 4 of us. It was a beautiful hotel and the bed and breakfast package allowed us $50 a day for breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, which was delicious and very filling.

Room tip: If you have children and don't mind sharing a room with them, this hotel has large rooms and will provide rollaway beds, not all the American hotels we enquired about would do this. It will save on paying for 2 rooms.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Kerry M,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed the Bed and Breakfast package and the food at Eastern Standard. We hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,