Hotel Commonwealth
$278
$238
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$291
$260
$328
$280
  • Pool
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
$358
$229
  • Room Service
Kimpton Onyx Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$226
$178
Kimpton
$339
$296
Fairmont.com
$299
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor(Boston)(Great Value!)
$219
Hotels.com
$194
$172
  • Bar/Lounge
4,630 results
All reviewseastern standardfenway parkisland creek oyster barkenmore squarefenway roomboston universityfront deskred sox gamejunior suitehouse of bluesroom servicegreen linefavorite hotelwonderful hotelsitting areathe entire staffroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a boutique style hotel and I think housekeeping needs some work. on my first night, I thought I saw a huge bug in my washroom which turned out to be a big clump of hair (that wasn't mine). when I stepped out of the shower the next morning, I saw there was no body lotion. when I asked for some at the front desk on my way out, the clerk asked me whether there was any left in the room to which I replied, no. she said she will send some. that night, I wanted to take a quick shower and noticed I didn't have any shower caps. again, I called and they said they will send some up. whenever I asked for something, they were polite but they never apologized for screwing up in the first place. I don't like to waste my time this way. and I ended up having to thank them each time for something they should have given me in the first instance. my conclusion was that housekeeping needs some work.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cristal L
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Crtistal L,

I want to apologize about the opportunities you encountered with our housekeeping service. I can assure you that this is well below our standards. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience and we can discuss this matter further. I look forward to speaking with you.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My Wife and I have been staying at the Hotel Commonwealth for the last several years. Starting when my daughter moved to Boston to attend Emmanuel College. After graduating in 2010, my daughter stayed in Boston to work and even now when visiting her our preferred hotel is the Hotel Commonwealth. It is an excellent choice because of it's location, cleanliness, amenities and very friendly & helpful staff. We very highly recommend this first class hotel. So much to do in the immediate area - from shopping to excellent resturants. And Best of all, that great American icon, Fenway Park, is an easy 5 minute walk away.

Joe & Janie Dias
Barrington, RI

Room Tip: Pick a Commonwealth Room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Joe & Janie Dias,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to Hotel Commonwealth, it is truly appreciated. It is very exciting that your daughter has chosen to stay in Boston and we look forward to having you and your wife stay with us for years to come. Thanks again!

All the best,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our 12th trip to the Hotel Commonwealth. From the very personable doorman Nick who took care of our car to Katy who upgraded our room, we had a wonderful restful afternoon followed by dinner at the marvelous Oyster Bar. When we returned after a great hockey game at TD Bank North, our room had been prepared by a lovely turn down. Breakfast by the superb staff topped off our visit. Between Bruins, Red Sox games and cultural events, this has truly become our "home away from home."

Room Tip: Top Floor gives you peace and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear tedhistroy,

Thank you for sharing yet another wonderful review of your experience at The Hotel Commonwealth. We are honored that you have chosen to stay with us on so many occasions and are thankful for your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,

Stayed here for 6 nights over new year and what a place

From the moment we arrived until we left the service was exceptional.

We had a very large room facing the street but there was no traffic noise.
Bathroom was very roomy and plenty of wardrobe space
We also had a sitting area with two easy chairs and desk with chair

The reception staff are so friendly and helpful - their job appears to be a joy to them

My husband had a special birthday around the time we were there and they certainly made his time very special.

There is a subway station right next door which is very convenient and hotel located in a lovely area - away from city centre but still so so convenient to everything.

An excellent hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear rivercross,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. I am thrilled we were able to make your husband’s birthday a memorable one. We love being able to provide the few extra touches during special occasions. Please come stay with us again when you come back to Boston.

Best,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Look no further. This group has the hotel business figured out! From the moment we arrived, the bellmen were delightfull, check-in was too easy thanks to friendly, knowledgable greeters and clerks. Hotel is spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. Rooms are very nicely adorned, beds are superb! we love the location. The two restaurants are delicious. Top to bottom, the pinnacle of hotel experiences. Enjoy!
BC

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear kuntryman,

We are honored to be your new “home away from home”. I am thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of your stay while you were here with us. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Boston.

Regards,