Hotel Commonwealth
  • Breakfast included
Eliot Hotel(Boston)
  • Breakfast included
4,628 results
All reviewseastern standardfenway parkisland creek oyster barkenmore squarefenway roomboston universityfront deskred sox gamejunior suitehouse of bluesroom servicegreen linefavorite hotelwonderful hotelsitting areathe entire staffroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is fab. It's big, it's beautiful, it's what you expect and more!

Not much to fault - if I wanted to list the negative things:
1) I ordered room service (Mac & Cheese) which was pretty much the only vegetarian item on the menu - or so I thought. It came with bacon - so I sent it back and ordered it without bacon. It appears this was my fault, so I was charged for both meals, which isn't the end of the world but I didn't expect it!
2) I had brought some DVD s only to realize that of course my UK DVD s wouldn't work in a US DVD player. Luckily they had a long list of movies you could borrow for free by calling the front desk, who check availability and then deliver the DVD to your room. Sounds great in theory, however by the time (about 5 / 6 tries on) they found something they had available it was 45 min later and I just went to sleep.

Overall the place was amazing though, people very friendly, breakfast was in a restaurant next door which I loved as am not a big fan of hotel breakfast buffets. It's certainly on the expensive side and I probably didn't need all that much space, but if you can afford it, I can wholeheartedly recommend!

Room Tip: I upgraded to a suite for 20$ / night - bargain.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Christmassy,

We truly appreciate your recommendation. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay here with us. I do apologize about the opportunities you experienced with our room service and our complimentary DVD lending library. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

Director of Operations

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at this centrally located hotelso close to close to Fenway Park and Newberry Street and Copley and was very happy about the service, the rooms and decor. I will definitely come back later with my wife.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jonathan M,

I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location, room product and service here at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you and your wife again soon.

Best,

Director of Operations

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is my second time staying at this truly lovely hotel. It is centrally located..close to Fenway Park and Newberry Street and Copley but also has the small boutique hotel feel. The staff are lovely, the Pajama Party is a party like no other. My children had a wonderful time and we look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nysunflower
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear nysunflower,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am happy that you and your family had a fun time at our Pajama Party event. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Best,

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I attended Bedtime stories with my 2 kids last year and LOVED it!! I thought it was such a great value. I said we would attend until my kids out grow it! It was still very fun this year, but, unfortunately, you have "shaved" some of the parts of the event enough that we will likely not attend in the future.

There were no milk and cookies brought to our room like last year. Last year there was a hosted bar for part of the story reading. This year, not only was there not a hosted bar at all, but I couldn't even charge to my room! No glass of wine for mom...very disappointing. The roll away bed that was set up for us in our room last year was just dropped off this time. It took most of my strength to set it up by myself without injuring myself or breaking something. There was no sundae bar after story time like last year. My daughter was especially disappointed that there was no video screen set up to accompany the stories.

And as a parent, I was very upset that you chose to set up a vendor (Curious George store) at the event. That was truly tacky. Thank you for creating disappointment for my 3 and 5 year old kids because they couldn't buy anything.

Last year was a great value. This year was fun, but not worth the expense and hassle.

Lisa Bartlett
captaindusty@verizon.net
978 771 5161

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Ms. Bartlett,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our Bed Time Stories Event. I appologize for the opportunities you experienced while attending the event this year. I can assure you that all of your concerns have been taken into consideration.

Warm Regards,

Shane Mcweeny

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Though we live in Boston anyway we checked into the hotel to make the whole weekend a special experience. The staff was friendly and attentive. We don't have enough good things to say about the overall stay. We love the hotel and had a fantastic time.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are great. The suites are amazing and not obscenely priced.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bcw02127

Dear bcw02127,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am thrilled that everything went well with the wedding this past weekend. We hope you will be able to join us again soon.

Regards,