“Great Boston Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Glenview, Illinois, USA
“Great Boston Hotel”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Nicely appointed room. Selected a King Room, Upper Floor. Everything looked relatively new and cleanliness appeared impeccable. The Hotel is in a good location, VERY close to Fenway Park so its in a good location. Parking is Valet only so be aware. The staff/service was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JohnC7531
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Tinker 1357,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback. I am thrilled you enjoyed the location of our property. We hope to see you again during Red Sox season!

Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,058)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
N Cal
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Room 308 has sporadic hot water. I lost mine in the middle of a shower; I had to turn it off and wait a minute or two for hot water to return. At the sink, I was about to rinse off my soapy face, I waited a few minutes for hot water to return. In frustration, I groped by way to the tub which at that moment did have warm-ish water to rinse my face. Or I was just so cold, it seemed warm in comparison.

I had 2 kids with me visiting in January. We weren't too keen on wandering around Kenmore for a restaurant in freezing temps, so we tried twice (on Fri and Sat nights) for Eastern Standard but there was a long wait and it was not kid-friendly. We thought for certain we'd get a table on Sunday night when the weekend crowds were away. Alas, BOTH hotel restaurants were closed on Sunday! We went to Uno for a second night in a row.

The people were friendly and service was prompt. The room was nice and the hotel is convenient to the subway. The gym was okay, what you'd expect to see at Hampton Inn. The neighborhood restaurants were lacking especially for children. Uno, a frigid block away saved us.)

But the lack of hot water is inexcusable. I haven't lacked hot water (mid-shower no less!) at Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Room 308 does not have consistent hot water!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank wallawallaNCal
Dear WallawallaNCal,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I am so sorry about the opportunities you encountered with the hot water in your room. I can ensure you we have looked into this matter. I am thrilled however that you appreciated our staff and level of service. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've stayed in hotels all over Boston and nothing beats this one, great location, great staff, amazing restaurants on site, and unsurpassed service. Even the cheapest room is immaculate and huge. I was there on business and decided to come back the next weekend just for fun! great job hotel commonwealth!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank pcliff62
Dear pcliff62,

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad you enjoyed your room and most of all our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,

South Windsor, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. We were there for a wedding. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly, the rooms were spacious and meticulous, and the attached restaurant, Eastern Standard, was fabulous. I would definitely stay again and also recommend to others!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor - room 202 - and had a good view of Fenway Park!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DianeMiller22
Dear DianeMiller22,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and had a fun time at the wedding. We are very fortunate to have a great restaurant like Eastern Standard attached to the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best,

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just had a delightful stay at the Hotel Commonwealth in Kenmore Square. Their warm welcome made me forget the absolutely frigid weather. The hotel seems new, the staff was eager to please, the location is fantastic and there were a number of superb dining options nearby. The accommodations were first rate--my room was warm and quiet and I appreciated the complementary WiFi, turn down service and shoe shine service!

Room Tip: Baseball fans might want to ask for a view of Fenway Park!
Dear Alice W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Hotel Commonwealth, our location, and our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

New York
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed in A LOT of hotels so I really appreciate hotels that do a great job. Many thanks for the beautiful room, wonderful and thoughtful service and excellent meals. I'll say it again, HIGHLY recommend!

Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth for one evening, January 23rd, while on tour with an artist. He called me the morning of the 24th and said he left his jewelry in his hotel room. I called the hotel and had the pleasure of speaking with Nick MacDonald. I explained what happened and he took down the description of the jewelry and said he would call me back. Within 10 minutes, Nick called and said they had my husband's jewelry. I can't explain how relieved both my husband and I were to know the jewelry had been found. I asked Nick if I could get his supervisor's email address to let them know what a wonderful employee he is. He was so humble and said you don't have to do that. So here I am telling you all that Nick MacDonald is a wonderful person. I would stay at this hotel knowing that they have top-notch employees! Thank you Nick!!! You are not just a wonderful employee but you have integrity and that will take you far in life.