“Had an Amazing Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Boston
South Windsor, Connecticut, United States
“Had an Amazing Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. We were there for a wedding. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly, the rooms were spacious and meticulous, and the attached restaurant, Eastern Standard, was fabulous. I would definitely stay again and also recommend to others!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor - room 202 - and had a good view of Fenway Park!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DianeMiller22
FOManagerHC, Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear DianeMiller22,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and had a fun time at the wedding. We are very fortunate to have a great restaurant like Eastern Standard attached to the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best,

Shane McWeeny
Rooms Division Manager
Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just had a delightful stay at the Hotel Commonwealth in Kenmore Square. Their warm welcome made me forget the absolutely frigid weather. The hotel seems new, the staff was eager to please, the location is fantastic and there were a number of superb dining options nearby. The accommodations were first rate--my room was warm and quiet and I appreciated the complementary WiFi, turn down service and shoe shine service!

Room Tip: Baseball fans might want to ask for a view of Fenway Park!
Dear Alice W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the Hotel Commonwealth, our location, and our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Shane McWeeny
Rooms Division Manager
Smcweeny@hotelcommonwealth.com
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've stayed in A LOT of hotels so I really appreciate hotels that do a great job. Many thanks for the beautiful room, wonderful and thoughtful service and excellent meals. I'll say it again, HIGHLY recommend!

Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth for one evening, January 23rd, while on tour with an artist. He called me the morning of the 24th and said he left his jewelry in his hotel room. I called the hotel and had the pleasure of speaking with Nick MacDonald. I explained what happened and he took down the description of the jewelry and said he would call me back. Within 10 minutes, Nick called and said they had my husband's jewelry. I can't explain how relieved both my husband and I were to know the jewelry had been found. I asked Nick if I could get his supervisor's email address to let them know what a wonderful employee he is. He was so humble and said you don't have to do that. So here I am telling you all that Nick MacDonald is a wonderful person. I would stay at this hotel knowing that they have top-notch employees! Thank you Nick!!! You are not just a wonderful employee but you have integrity and that will take you far in life.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed for business because of teh hotel's close proximity to Boston University but if I go back to Boston for a Red Sox game I will absolutely stay here again. It's right next to Fenway and a beautiful hotel!

Room Tip: I was in a junior suite wit ha street view but they have Fenway view rooms which I heard were cool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Courtney G
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth four times over the last eight years. Three times with my parents for visiting my brother at BU, and the last time in May 2011 with my girlfriend as a college graduation celebratory trip. Every single time was better than the last. Most hotels treat young people/couples differently than if you are older or with your parents, not the case with Hotel Commonwealth, the moment we stepped out of the cab upon pulling up to the hotel we were treated as if we were staying in the presidential suite.

The lobby is a wonderfully, elegantly decorated, with a very attentive front desk staff. The rooms are nice and modern, with up to date bathroom and amenities. I have stayed in both Fenway rooms and Commonwealth rooms. Both are great, I my self am a huge Red Sox fan, so staying in the Fenway rooms were a great treat. Room service is nice, they use to have iced milk and cookies, which were the best dessert I have ever had in my life, but no longer offer it. If they do somehow bring it back and you are there, you have to get it! Noise from the highway or Kenmore square was never an issue for me at any time during any of my stays.

The location is one of the best features about the hotel. In the heart of Kenmore square, 30 feet from the Kenmore T stop, or can catch a cab right out front. If you are in town for any BU event or Red Sox game, this is the hotel for you, walking distance to both.

If you want to grab a quick bite to eat, there is Eastern Standard just downstairs. I can't express enough how amazing this hotel is for location, service and food. It is almost worth the trip to Boston its self.

Room Tip: If you are a sports fan, you have to get a Fenway Room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lee P
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have traveled to Boston a dozen or so times in the last 3 years, all for long weekend trips. My preferred area for accomadations is in the Back Bay, as my son is in school near there. This is the first time I stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth.

Overall the hotel is very very good. I loved the room with a view (a small upgrade at check in got me a suite with a view out the front of the hotel.) The rooms are clean and the service is great. Everyone is very friendly.

The location could not be better for me. The hotel sits right at the Kenmore Square T stop which allows easy public transporation access to the whole city. It is a huge bonus that the Eastern Standard Restaurant (a not to be missed dining experience) is attached to the hotel.

Free internet and a nice work out room are other positives.

My only small gripes were the lack of easy morning coffee (no in room coffee maker or lobby coffee- you need to buy coffee from the Eastern Standard at $3 a cup OR room service it) and also the lack of turn down service, which I requested at check in but never received. Frankly these are nit picks but I mention them as my expectations were really high from the top rated Boston Hotel on Trip Advisor.

While I enjoyed my stay, I will need a good price to compell me to choose this hotel again over the other great 4 star hotels in the Back Bay.

Room Tip: If the junior suite upgrade is available at a good price, it is worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple