“Just a fantastic, top flight operation.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Boston
“Just a fantastic, top flight operation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The service was genuinely impeccable. Our room was large and comfortable. The staff was responsive and quick. The oyster bar downstairs was to die for! I can't remember a hotel stay this pleasant. And it's right above the T!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (919)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth for 1 night in early April. It's convenient, as my daughter attends Boston University. From arriving at the front door for the valet to take my car to checkout, it was a great visit. The valet remembered my name and addressed me each time I went in or out. The room was a good size, very comfortable and well laid out. I appreciated that I had a choice of morning newspapers. The Kenmore T stop was literally steps outside the front door. I also love the restaurant, Eastern Standard. I met my daughter for breakfast there.
My only complaint was that there was no coffee maker in the room. I had asked for one to be sent up, but it never arrived.
I would definitely stay at the Hotel Commonwealth again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
mystic,ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hotel Commonwealth for opening day at Fenway park. The walk to Fenway was just a few minutes. The room was spacious and quiet. The staff at the the hotel bar were extremely helpful with our dinner reservations. Never having walked the city of Boston, the staff was incredible helpful, providing maps as well as great advice. We will definately return to the Hotel Commonwelath upon future trips to Boston.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My associate & I were in Boston for a 3 day convention. We both ended up taking our sons, she also brought her mother. The hotel was wonderful in helping us add our last-minute travelers, and making adjustments. We both had beautiful suites, with a view of the street. From the moment we arrived, Jeff, the doorman set the tone for a fabulous day. Not just one of those obligatory welcomes, but a real genuine one. He said, "If you folks need anything while you're here, I'm happy to help!" The location & ambiance were great, our desk clerk, Josh, was so friendly, checked us in quickly, and also made himself available for recommendations of places to eat & drink, and offered to make any reservations we needed. We unpacked & went for a quick drink at the Hawthorne in the lobby. Again, everyone was so friendly, great service. If you want great food, drinks & more friendly atmosphere, it Cornwall's across the street. Great english pub with pool tables! Also went to Lucca in the North end. I'm from CA, and this was the best Italian food I've ever eaten. Even Gluten-free pasta & great service. Our experience @ Commonwealth continued to be flawless, with on-time wake up calls, pristine housekeeping, etc. They even have free wi-fi, hairdryers, magnified make-up mirrors, slippers & cozy robes. And an iron in the room is always great. No need to call down for one. The day we left we hit Hawthorne's again for a drink. Andrea & Julian were fabulous, and their food superb! We also met Ryan Burns, Front of House Mgr, who took the time to make sure everything was perfect. And it was. He was warm, friendly & very funny, yet professional. I've traveled the world, stayed in 5 star spots, but the Hotel Commonwealth was not only classy & elegant, it was friendly & warm. I commend the management for hiring such top-drawer professionals. Please pass along our thanks to everyone for treating us so well. We're coming back, I guarantee it!

Room Tip: Even though our room faced Commonwealth, we didn't hear a peep, and the heavy drapes kept the li...
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I'm a SPG starlet, so I wasn't excited about staying here despite our president's reassurance of how it's one of his favorite places to stay. The service, products, in-room dining and fitness center was amazing. I was very pleased in how helpful the staff was in ensuring I had what I needed on my trip - whether it was fitting in a healthy breakfast before a busy day or getting copies of talking points to my room late at night or making sure my shoes were shined and in top form for my meetings (complimentary). The little things helped to make a hectic business trip that much better. I would definitely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

Excelsior, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I've been in Boston on business and have stayed at the Commonwealth multiple times. I also had an opportunity to stay at the Ritz, and I can say that the Commonwealth beats the Ritz hands down. The rooms are larger and more comfortable, the service is just as incredible, and the location of the Commonwealth is more desirable. Situated between two delicious restaurants and across the street from Fenway, this hotel is in a prime spot. My stays there have been memorable and on any future trips to Boston, it will be the place I choose first. Also you can't beat the room service since the menu is from Eastern Standard, the restaurant next door.

Room Tip: The south side of the hotel faces Fenway Park if you're a baseball fan.
    • 3 of 5 stars
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I did not choose the hotel but am glad it was recommended by my brother with whom we were traveling. In decades of traveling I have rarely stayed at a property where the service was so thoroughly professional in a friendly manner. I did not have the opportunity to try the two restaurants but understand their reputation is excellent. The location is unbeatable for Fenway Park or Boston University. The Kenmore Square T Station is literally next to the front door.

Room Tip: Although the "Fenway Rooms" afford you a great view of the outside of the stadium, this is...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family