“Hotel Commonwealth”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This hotel deserves it's superlative reputation. The staff are so friendly and helpful to make sure that your stay is perfect. Before we arrived at the hotel, we informed them of our impending 25th wedding anniversary during our stay and were absolutely delighted to find out that we had been upgraded to a junior suite room. The hotel itself is in an excellent location, just on top of Kenmore T station which is so convenient for travelling downtown. It is also just opposite some small takeaway restaurants for coffee and bagels etc. Dining at the Eastern Standard Restaurant was a highpoint of our stay as it was brimming with atmosphere, with a very friendly, efficient waiter service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Boston.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Commonwealth

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My fiancé and I absolutely love Boston. If you're planning to visit Boston or just wanting a place to getaway, Hotel Commonwealth is definitely the perfect place to stay. We stayed just for a weekend to celebrate my fiancé's birthday. I wish we could of stayed longer! We had a wonderful time. The service was outstanding, the staff went above and beyond my expectations. Just ask and you shall receive! They accommodated every single request I made. My fiancé and I were extremely happy with the service. We ate at both restaurants (Island Oyster Bar and Eastern Standard) and they were both excellent, very yummy! The rooms are beautiful, spacious and very cozy. The room and bathroom were clean and had great amenities. I would definitely stay again and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I usually book with the major franchises to avoid any surprises but couldnt find any that fit my requirements so I took a chance and was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were beautifully appointed, clean and large. The restaurants were both very good and the service we received from all was exceptional. It is not an inexpensive hotel but we defintely received our money's worth!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Excellenet Hotel, Excellent Service, Excellent Rooms.........Everything Outstanding

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My daughter and I were visiting Boston University and I wanted something close by for convenience. I could not have been more impressed with Hotel Commonwealth. The staff included BU students who encouraged my daughter to ask questions at any time. The rooms were clean, comfortable and had every amenity I needed. I loved the FRESH bath products! The complimentary glass of champagne upon arrival was a nice touch as well as the bottled waters that were offered throughout our stay. Staff was always present to assist with directions, questions or concerns. The location could not have been better for our visit to Boston University but it was a great location to visit Newbury Street and their wonderful restaurants and shops. The best part for us was the location of the T stop which is directly across from the hotel. It made getting around Boston a breeze. I would highly recommend the Hotel Commonwealth for any type of travel. I know the next time we return to Boston we will be staying at the wonderful Hotel Commonwealth.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the "Big Green Monster" and the room was quiet. I am not sure what it...
Reviewed April 7, 2012

What a wonderful hotel the Commonwealth is!!! We had a great time. The staff is excellent!!!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Rarely do I find a hotel that I can't find a complaint. It's not dazzling, but two excellent restaurants, a solid staff and expensive but not outrageous. Well recommmended.