Hotel Commonwealth
$402
$297
Official Site
4,648 results
All reviewseastern standardfenway parkisland creek oyster barkenmore squarefenway roomboston universityfront deskred sox gamejunior suitehouse of bluesroom servicegreen linefavorite hotelwonderful hotelsitting areathe entire staffroom was spacious
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here for two nights during the Advent Convention. I'm a Boston local but decided I didn't want to travel back and forth for the convention. I had a GREAT time at the Commonwealth! I didn't go in with any expectations and was pleasantly surprised with my experience. The last hotel I stayed at in downtown Boston was the Ritz and I will say the Commonwealth was a better stay. It's got the same great service without the stuffy attitude and atmosphere. Everyone was so friendly and asked how you were enjoying your stay and was there anything they could do for you. The hotel itself is very charming. The decor is very trendy without the feeling that they're trying too hard. I love boutique hotels so this was just perfect for me. The location was perfect for what I needed. I was a ten minute walk to the Hynes convention center, five minutes to Fenway Park, ten minutes to the best shopping and restaurants in the area ( Boylston and Newbury Streets with Copley/Prudential Malls). I had plenty to do during my breaks at the conference.

The room was huge with a sitting area that had a second TV. that was great because my husband was with me and he could watch the game while I caught up on work and watched what I wanted to. There's also this great charging station where you can hook up all your gadgets we can't seem to live without at once. That was something I hadn't seen before in a hotel. The pillows were fantastic! I felt like I was sinking into a cloud every night. I was also a fan of the lush towels in the bathroom. For the first time I didn't have to call for more. They supplied nice Fresh amenities too. I love Fresh products so that was a bonus for me. Room service surprised me with a great bottle of wine and chocolate truffles when I arrived. Very nice touch after a long day at the convention. The staff is just fantastic. The room service and maid service were wonderful.

The only thing that was missing from the room was a coffee maker. You need to give yourself an extra minute to grab that before you start your day.

Overall I had a great time at this hotel. It was a short stay but I'll definitely be back next time I need to stay in town. I think people who are in Boston for Business or pleasure would enjoy staying here. If you are a Red Sox fan I don't think there is anywhere closer to Fenway!

I would definitley recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Boston.

Room Tip: our suite was on the 5th floor and it had a great room and we didn't hear any of the outside noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed at the hotel while attending a family wedding. Almost all of the guests stayed there. It was a great experience. The rooms were comfortable and soooo quiet. Bellmen and front desk helped with restaurant recommendations and I was impressed that gave suggestions that fit whether it was $$ casual dining with kids or $$$ couples place. My first experience with the hotel was by phone (with reservations) and, honestly, I have never had such a polite experience.

Room Tip: Commonwealth side has slightly larger bathroom and for a family of four you can get 2 roll-away beds and there is a curtain that separates the room. Nice set-up.
1  Thank timkid
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at the Commonwealth about a month ago and couldn't wait to come back. From the charming doormen to the helpful and warm staff ready to greet you at the desk, this hotel is the best. This past weekend we returned and they upgraded us to a wonderful suite. The room was beautiful, spacious and clean. We loved this most recent stay because we were going to an event at Fenway and we could walk there and back. We love everything about this hotel and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here for a show at Fenway. Very convenient, central location. In building restaurants and bar, what more could I ask for? Room was comfy and clean.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We attended a wedding in Boston and rooms were reserved by the brides family at the Commonwealth hotel. From the people who checked us on to the porter who heed us with our bags at checkout time the staff was incredibly helpful, friendly and efficient. I travel over 200 days a year and stay in the best hotels in the world and would recommend The Commonwealth to any of our friends or business associates. Well done Commonwealth.