“Excellent new hotel in Kenmore Square, near Fenway Park with two happennign restaurants”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Hotel Commonwealth
Ranked #11 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Really nice new hotel with excellent rooms; friendly service; accomodating staff; at Kenmore Square near Fenway and BU. Two really nice restaurants: Island Creek Oyster Bar which is spanking new with fresh oysters from Cape Cod Bay as well as a happenning bar and complete seafood list with some steak and burger choices as well; and Eastern Standard, another hip bar with the feel of a Parisienne brasserie with a nice mix of French brasserie and New England cuisine--they obviously have a great place to get fresh oysters! Definitely a winner of a hotel/restaurant mix.

Room Tip: I booked thru Expedia, but would call hotel now
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,580)

Reviewed April 4, 2011

I had an outstanding stay at Hotel Commonwealth. I stayed there with my parents and they also were amazed at the level of hospitality accomplished by all the staff, from the front desk workers to the house keepers. I believe it was Josh's first greeting that set the tone for our stay there. My mom couldn't stop talking about his pleasantness. The room was really large and it was set up very nicely. We had dinner at the oyster bar downstairs, and the waitstaff was awesome. They knew their oysters and the food was delicious. If you go there definitely try the oyster bar for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Commonwealth Avenue.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I have not been to Boston for leisure in years. This was my first time back and I really enjoyed my experience. It all started and ended with my stay at Hotel Commonwealth, From its central location to the wonderful amenities. I couldn't ask for more. But the excellent customer service is why I would recommend this hotel to everyone. You can not beat good people and good service!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Exceptionally clean beautiful rooms. Fabulous location-my daughter was attending a college event nearby. Attentive staff. Excellent restaurants. Will be planning all my stays here while my daughter attends college for next 4 years.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I discovered this hotel by doing search on the internet for good hotels in Boston and I was really impressed with the great reviews. But I had never stayed there before so we were curious to see if our expectations would be met. We were all very pleasantly surprised! What a great find! Both my husband and my teenage daugther congratulated me for this discovery. The rooms are big, sunny, clean and comfortable.. Staff are helpful and attentive. The restaurant "Eastern Standard" is a lively and popular place with good food. There are many other restaurants very close to the hotel offering lots of choice. It is also close to shopping. Everything was perfect for us. However it only has valet parking--it was ok for us since we only stayed for 2 nights. We will definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: Rooms are really spacious and full of light..
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2011

The Hotel Commonwealth is elegant. There are different types of rooms but all quite large. Parking tends to be on the expensive side.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Well, the hotel was nice and all, but it didn't really fit my needs. I mean, yeah it was clean, and had good places to sleep, but I just didn't like it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
RyanBurnsHC, Front of House Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Greetings,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback concerning your recent stay with us in Boston. All of the staff at Hotel Commonwealth strive to create unforgettable memories for our guests and I apologize that we did not meet your needs on your most recent trip to our beautiful hotel.

I was pleased to hear that our cleanliness attributes were up to your standards, as the attention to detail of our guest rooms is of the highest priority for our Housekeeping Department. At Hotel Commonwealth, creating a warm and comfortable experience for our guests is our mission and providing a precisely cleaned room is only a small facet of all the personal touches our staff provides for our guests.

Once again, I do apologize on behalf of the hotel for not meeting your needs during your most recent trip to Boston. Please feel free to contact myself directly if I can be of any further assistance to you, and I hope to welcome you back to Hotel Commonwealth in the near future. Thank you again, for your feedback and please have a pleasant day.

Warm Regards,