“An elegant, conveniently located boutique hotel.”
Review of Hotel Commonwealth

Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed April 2, 2011

The Hotel Commonwealth is elegant. There are different types of rooms but all quite large. Parking tends to be on the expensive side.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Commonwealth

Reviewed April 2, 2011

Well, the hotel was nice and all, but it didn't really fit my needs. I mean, yeah it was clean, and had good places to sleep, but I just didn't like it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
RyanBurnsHC, Front of House Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

Greetings,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback concerning your recent stay with us in Boston. All of the staff at Hotel Commonwealth strive to create unforgettable memories for our guests and I apologize that we did not meet your needs on your most recent trip to our beautiful hotel.

I was pleased to hear that our cleanliness attributes were up to your standards, as the attention to detail of our guest rooms is of the highest priority for our Housekeeping Department. At Hotel Commonwealth, creating a warm and comfortable experience for our guests is our mission and providing a precisely cleaned room is only a small facet of all the personal touches our staff provides for our guests.

Once again, I do apologize on behalf of the hotel for not meeting your needs during your most recent trip to Boston. Please feel free to contact myself directly if I can be of any further assistance to you, and I hope to welcome you back to Hotel Commonwealth in the near future. Thank you again, for your feedback and please have a pleasant day.

Warm Regards,

Ryan E Burns
Front of House Manager

Reviewed March 30, 2011

The hotel was nice and very clean. Free Wi-Fi was great and it sits right on the Green MBTA subway line. It was real easy to reach from the airport. Once at the airport MBTA station, I was at the hotel in less than 15 minutes. I upgraded to a Fenway room, but was disappointed in the quality of the view as it was not worth the extra money. The bed was nice but I had hard time sleeping because of the white noise coming from the air control system in the room.

I probably would not stay here again if I was only visiting Boston, probably would try another location. But, if you are going to see a Boston Red Sox game, this is the place to stay and would stay here next time I go a game. As it is an easy work to the ballpark. I also walked to the Museum of Fine Arts - which is about 15 minute walk.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CodyDC

Thank you your valuable feedback concerning your recent stay with us at Hotel Commonwealth. We continuously strive to heighten our service performance throughout every corner of the hotel and look for ways to create unforgettable memories for our guests.

I deeply regret the unfortunate challenges that you incurred during your recent stay at Hotel Commonwealth. We take the quality of our guest’s sleep experience very seriously and apologize that the minor white noise was a disturbance in your room. Please know that what you experienced was an exception and not the rule.

While I was pleased to hear that the proximity to the T Line Subway helped your travels while in Boston, I was even more excited to hear your comments about how nice and clean the hotel was as well. Our housekeeping department strives for the upmost in quality in all of our guest rooms and common areas.

In addition to the measures taken during your stay, I have recently taken the time to meet with the Director of Engineering concerning your experience as well. He has assured me that full attention will be given to future guests in any similar situation as yours, and that the specific challenge which occurred in your room has been resolved.

In closing, as the Front of House Manager at Hotel Commonwealth, I kindly thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Commonwealth and sincerely appreciate your thoughtful feedback. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future at our beautiful hotel in Boston. Please contact me directly if I could be of personal assistance

Warm Regards,

Ryan E Burns
Front of House Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Park your car somewhere else. It is too expensive to park at hotel.

Reviewed March 26, 2011

Ryan at the front desk was very helpful and attentive to our needs. The hotel was very clean and well organized. The room was very comfortable, spacious and quiet. The accompanying restaurant, Eastern Standard, presented a unique and inviting menu. The service and the food at the restaurant were exceptional.

We will definitely stay here again! Thank You Hotel Commonwealth!

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I can't say enough about Hotel Commonwealth. The room was incredible, with a jacuzzi and all the extras. We had dinner at the restaurant attached which was also excellent. The best part of this hotel is the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. We were most impressed with the front desk staff, especially the enthusiasm and helpfulness of one woman, Hilary Whyte. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Hotel Commonwealth is a lovely hotel in a great neighborhood with expert staff.
I have stayed several times at the hotel and enjoy the friendliness and wonderful service they provide. The rooms and beds are extremely comfortable and this boutique hotel operates with high standards. I was pleasantly surprised to find out the hotel has a car service available for guests going to local destinations - as a service they provide between 7-9am going to a business destination.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business