Encore Bed and Breakfast
$299
$261
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$231
$215
$314
Official Website
$251
$238
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
The Westin Boston Waterfront(Boston)(Great Value!)
$239
Westin.com
$297
  • Room Service
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$229
Sheraton.com
Lenox Hotel(Boston)
$354
$311
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsalbee roomb bsouth endrobbins roomother guestsgerman fitness breadsticky bunstree lined streetboiled eggsflour bakerybeautiful neighborhoodtop flooreach morningwithin walking distancethe breakfast areabreakfast was deliciousyogurt
FilterAll languages
Providence, RI
Reviewed February 25, 2006

The Encore Bed and Breakfast is a charming house in a lovely neigborhood. We had easy access to Boston's amenities and the hosts were gracious and knowledgeable in their suggestions for dining and entertainment.
Our room was stylish and elegant and the theatre theme of the room was fun and entertaining.

Our stay at the Encore B and B added a wonderful touch to our weekend in Boston and I recommend it highly. I look forward to our next opportunity to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 21, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at Encore in celebration of our one year anniversary. Given their tremendous reviews (one of the best on this site) and how successful we had been in the past using Trip Advisor advice, we thought our stay would be nothing but the best. Perhaps it was overly hyped or perhaps other guests didn't expect excellence, but we were surprisingly disappointed in our stay.

First, the room we stayed in was very noisy. We constantly heard footsteps above our heads, and the kitchenette where breakfast is prepared and guests eat was DIRECTLY outside our door. To make things worse, there was a sizeable gap underneath the door, making all our sounds and the sounds outside strikingly noticeable - - - not necessarily the kind of thing you want for a romantic weekend away!

Secondly, the breakfast was terribly awkward. Guests receive ONLY the food requested the night before - no more, no less. If guests want any more than they thought they might want the night before, there is no chance to get anymore. This is a very cheap practice, if you ask me. Guests don't pay $150 a night so that they have to sheepishly ask for seconds. That's just tacky.

Another important element of the breakfast is that the hosts actually stand there and watch you eat! It's a terribly uncomfortable experience. Oh - and if you don't eat all you've been given, expect some guilt-ridden remarks to force you into eating what you've been given.

The most difficult part of the breakfast was that there is only 1 table for the entire hotel! There are 4 guest rooms, with potentially 8-10 people in the B and B at any time, but only 4 seats at a cramped table. One morning my husband and I were asked by the host to finish our breakfast in our room! This, again, was terribly disappointing.

Aside from that, the rooms were not clean, the hosts bickered in front of us on more than one occasion, and we paid the same price as those guests whose rooms had better views and no noise overhead.

On a brighter note, the neighborhood is absolutely lovely, the restaurants nearby are excellent, and the hotel is within just a couple minutes walk from the closest T station.

My husband and I managed to have a fantastic time in Boston, but that experience had little to do with Encore. We suggest people who are looking for a romantic getaway in Boston pass this hotel by. I know we will in the future.

• Stayed: February 2006
11  Thank Piper81
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2006

Our room was comfortable, inviting and stylish, the breakfasts were fabulous, and the hosts were warm and friendly. We'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2006
Reviewed January 18, 2006

What a find! Charming little B&B, simple yet pleasantly designed, impeccably clean with the most attentive service. We felt like being at home in the South End. Just around the corner is an abundance of excellent bars and restaurants in what emerges as Boston's hot spot.
Reinhold and David run a beautiful place I'll definitely come back to.

• Stayed: January 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed January 17, 2006

I loved this place. I wasn't even planning to go to Boston, but when I found about the B&B online I decided I wanted to stay there. I had a good feeling about the place. It was great! Reinhold and David are great hosts, warm, friendly, creative, and interesting. They have an awsome collection of masks from around the world decorating their walls. The rooms are big, comfortable, and beautiful! It's well located in a nice neigborhood. don't think it twice, you'll love it.

• Stayed: January 2005