“Great location, nice place!....”

Encore Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, nice place!....”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Reinhold was a friendly and helpful host who let us store our bags on our final day. Tasty breakfast with fresh pastries, perhaps could have done with an extra helping of coffee and not having to pre order breakfast the night previous. The Albee is definitely the nicest room, the balcony was nice to sit on in the morning. The location is in the South End and we were able to walk everywhere and there were so many high quality restaurants on our doorstep- GREAT LOCATION. Room rates seemed a little high but overall great experience. Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Pick the Albee.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reinhold M, Owner at Encore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Graham. Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay at Encore. I apologize for overlooking offering to an extra helping of coffee. We are aware, that it can be a slight burden on our guests to preorder the breakfast, but it seems to be the only way to provide our guests with fresh pastry every morning and providing 12 different choices. Limiting the choices and eleminating the preordering didn't seem to be a viable alternative to our current practice of serving breakfast
We are happy you enjoyed the location and the quality of the restaurants in the close-by "restaurant row"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Always the best stay in Boston. I came into Boston a couple of weeks ago to see good friends, family and catch a show at the Huntington. I stayed in the Bernstein room. The bed and bath were spotless, comfortable and I felt right at home. The B&B is in a perfect location to see a show or the sights of Boston. A stroll down Tremont Street offers excellent bars, restaurants, small shops and theatres near by. I most especially enjoy the breakfast in the a.m. Reinhold offers many options for all kinds of food preferences and is always accommodating to help answer questions about sightseeing in the area, visits to the BSO or local museums. The owners, Reinhold and David are warm and welcoming. A highlight is always a conversation about theatre, music and art and meeting new people at breakfast time. The B&B is one of the most solid buildings I've ever stayed in. If you are interested in architectural detail for the Boston area, this is the place to stay. I cannot recommend highly enough. I'm looking forward to the next chance I get to see Reinhold and David and enjoy their hospitality. I'm ever grateful to them for making me feel so at home during every trip to Boston. Such a joy.

Room Tip: Love the Leonard Bernstein room:)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

I travelled around US in April 2013 and stayed at several B&Bs and out of all of my stays Reinhold's Encore Bed and Breakfast was by far the best. Great position, great room, great food, great host. It had the personality of a B&B and all the good qualities of a hotel combined. Reinhold was able to offer great advice about travel and places to visit and he was also able to present a great breakfast every morning. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank YogiBearVisiting
Keene, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I once more stayed at Encore when attending a conference in Boston. My room was lovely. I left early in the morning, after a quick cup of coffee and came back in the evening to sleep. That is how to get the most out of a visit. It is nicer than pricey hotels and I like to walk everywhere, and the location is good for walking to everything I wanted to visit (business trip). Since I live in the country, I bring and use earplugs when staying in the city. The B+B is an an urban neighborhood with normal amounts of urban street noise (ambulance/fire/police) vehicles. I will return in the future.

Room Tip: I have stayed in two different rooms to date. They were both very nice rooms with excellent décor an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gnk03431
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I HIGHLY recommend Encore! It is a charming bed and breakfast in a fabulous location. My fiancé and I had a wonderful stay. Our room (Bernstein) was clean and cozy. I loved the modern furniture and the exposed brick walls. Aveda toiletries were provided - I love little luxuries! - and breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The host, Reinhold, was friendly and welcoming. The B&B is in one of the many beautiful Victorian brownstone row houses in the neighborhood, and I absolutely loved having the opportunity to stay in one of them for a couple nights. It also could not be in a better location. There are tons of restaurants nearby and the the rest of Boston is easily accessible by walking or public transit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank angiem578
Naples, Italy
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed at the Encore B&B for three nights and we loved it! The room (Sondheim) was clean and bright, you have many choices for breakfast and Reinhold, the host, is really nice, welcoming and helpful. The building is in a wonderful red bricks district with many good restaurants and bars within 5 min walking and 20 mins (or less) walking from Boston Common (or there's a T station 5 min walking if you don't like to walk!). I will definitely go back there when I'm in Boston the next time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Encore is everything you could hope for and more. On arrival we were met by Reinhold, who is just the most welcoming and generous host.The B and B is on the most beautiful row of brown brick buildings in a very safe neighbourhood. We walked around it at all times and never felt nervous!
We stayed in the Albee room and if you are able to book it, I would heartily recommend it! It is spacious, light and has its own reading nook and stunning balcony which overlooks some of the Boston skyline (including the John Hancock building) At night if you turn off the lights it looks amazing lit up. The bed was a welcome relief from our long flight and the linen soft and fresh. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is not a sound during the night, so every night we got a great nights sleep. The breakfasts are superb and the local bakery (Flour...two branches within walking distance!) that supplies some of the items like Croissants etc, we ended up eating at for a couple of lunchtimes! I would recommend the Pain au Raisin...heaven on earth.
The nearest T station is a short walk away and easy access to the the orange line and commuter lines. The shops are also within walking distance, particularly the big ones at the Prudential centre.The best thing however is, if you turn right out of W.Newton st, you end up on Tremont that houses some of the best eateries in Boston. I can recommend the Butcher Shop and B and G Oysters! There are also convenience stores, boutique giftshops, nail bars, wine emporium etc. less than a block away.
The real thing that this B and B has going for it however, are the hosts. Reinhold is very witty and charming and we were lucky enough to meet David on our last day, who was equally as lovely. Do not hesitate to book here, I cannot wait until we can return in the future!

Room Tip: Albee: light, spacious, private and the balcony!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple