“Enjoyable relaxing four days”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Constitution Marina's Bed & Breakfast Afloat
Ranked #13 of 37 Boston B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Very quaint comfortable house boat. Queen size bed, full bath with tub. Great outside deck to sit off on and have morning coffee or afternoon cocktails. (Coffee was complimentary, cocktails we brought our own) Scenic views of tour boats and visiting yachts. Friendly and helpful staff. Five minute walk to green line T station and five minute walk to USS Constitution where you could catch the local ferry to downtown Boston.

We do own our own boat and are used to sleeping aboard so we thought that we would try this experience on our short get-a-way. Even if you are not used to sleeping on a boat you would find this very comfortable, a change from staying at a hotel.

Room Tip: Book ahead as there are only a few houseboats/ motor yachts/sailboats available for this great exper...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank spanishpointsmiler

Reviewed August 17, 2011

You can't beat this. Stay right on the water in a beautiful marina just minutes from all our favorite places in the city for a very reasonable price which got event more reasonable when you consider parking was free and it included breakfast! Very nice people running the place, clean, well appointed accommodations. We simply loved it!

Room Tip: What ever fits your budget, I have to believe all the accomadations are unique and wonderful.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was looking for something a little different for an overnight stay and found just that when we stayed on "Miss Molly". This sailboat is small but had plenty of room for my family (2 adults 1 child). The view of the Boston skyline at night was fantastic. We also enjoyed watching the large tourist boats as they came by to see the USS Constitution. The night we stayed was stormy so the boat did rock quite a bit. The only negative was the bathroom - only slightly better than a port-a-potty but that is to be expected on a boat. There are rest rooms at the Marina available for use but it is a bit of a walk.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Danielle9900
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We stayed on the Casita for two nights. Neither my fiance or I wanted to really go to Boston but the lure of staying on the water was special. The room was decent, especially for the price. We were within walking distance of the North End T station and the North End itself offered excellent dining choices. I have to agree with other reviews that once checked in, you were on your own. The blanket on the bed is very thin and I was freezing. We were given a folder with information and pamphlets, but if you are looking for some advice as to what to see and where to go, you probably won't get it from the staff members.

I probably would not stay here again, especially because I have no reason to go to Boston again. However, if you are looking for a fun and different type of hotel experience that is inexpensive and in the heart of the city, this is not a bad option, unless you get sea sick.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We just returned from a one night stay on the Casita House Boat at the Constitution Marina in Boston. We had no idea what it was but we wanted to stay on the water. The Casita was the least expensive and most reviews said it was clean so we did it. The staff that manages the Marina are more interested in the actual folks that dock their boat there but they did check us in, gave us a key and some info, and the parking was free because there was a spot available when we arrived. The free breakfast is actually a $6 coupon to a near by coffee shop that had great breakfast sandwiches. The Casita was very small with absolutely no frills but it was clean. The bathroom is very small but it had a sink, toilet and shower . The water ran clean and clear and the toilet flushed fine. It on the harbor but docked against the harbor wall with lots of large sailboats in front so although you are on the water and the sailboats are beautiful your view isn't great. It is quiet and a little rocky, you do have your own deck (small but nice), it's pretty private bacause it's a pretty long walk from the parking lot to the house boat but overall I'd give it a 2-3 out of 5 stars. I'm glad we tried it but for $165 it wasn't as exciting as the ads make it sound and the staff really doesn't care much about your needs etc Once you're checked in your basically on your own. When I went into the office on Saturday morning to turn in our key the guy at the desk took the key and never said one word to me. He never even looked at me or asked if we enjoyed it or anything, he was basically rude. I think the house boats that are rented out are just a novelty item and if they rent that's fine and if not no big deal. We had a good nights rest, it was different, we were comfortable but we wouldn't do it again and I wouldn't recommend staying in this kind of houseboat if you're looking for an adventure of what it's like to sleep on a boat. There are only 2 places to get good if you want to eat around 7 or later and there's only one place that open in the AM if you want a good cup of coffee and it opens at 8am. The Residence Inn is right at the Marina so you'd have more amenities there is you want to stay someplace in this area or near the water.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SophiaRose13
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Stayed on the Rozinante for three nights with my fiance. I'm 6'4" and she's 5'10" there was plenty of room for the both of us. The staff was very helpful and went out of the way to make sure everything was right -- even though nothing was wrong to begin with!! After the third night she flew back home and I moved into the hotel (shares a parking lot with the B&B afloat) that my work had set up for a group of us for the next week (trip started as leisure and finished as work). The entire week I was at the hotel I just kept wishing I was at the Rozinante!! The little deli they give you the gift certificates for for the breakfast part has very good food, I ate there several times with co-workers the week after without the gift certificates. Was pleasantly surprised to find the fridge stocked with two cases of bottled water! It was cold and snowy during our trip, but inside the boat it stayed toasty and warm (even my fiance was warm and she's ALWAYS cold). Not only would I recommend it to someone else, I wish I could go back every month. I travel a lot for work and for leisure and have never enjoyed being away from home as much as I did when I was there. The only negative I can say about the Rozinante is that it lists a bit to the starboard side because of the weight of the jacuzzi full of water, but not too much to be a bother -- just trying to be 100% accurate in my review. The parking attendants (who do not work for the B&B) were ignorant, but that's not the fault of the B&B. In fact the only thing I'd change about the place is to have their own entrance to the parking area and get away from the jerks who were running the parking in October of 2009 (which they did say they were trying to do).

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Kyle1975
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We're so happy that we found this place. The sailboat Rozinante was fantastic to stay on overnight. My wife especially loved the marble lined Jaccuzi. It was so clean and neat inside. We ate at two wonderful restaurants - Max & Dylans and Olives. They gave us 25% off cupons to local restaurants. We also took a wonderful sunset cruise on a private charterboat out to Spectacle Island. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple