“GREAT COFFEE SHOP”

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

They have great egg and cheese sandwiches on bagels and also 7 grain bread. Each one is made to order. They also make your coffee by individual cups from fresh ground coffee for each cup. Skip the Dunkin Donuts and hit this place instead.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I got there before the Sunday morning rush.
My americano was good enough although there was no crema when it was served. That's always one of the ways I judge how the shot was pulled and how much the barista cares about what they're presenting to their customer.
The staff were friendly and the vibe was good.
My friend liked her cappuccino.
Solid place to find find non-chain coffee and would be a good place to hang out if the weather was bad.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

During our one-week stay in Boston's Back Bay, I started each day with an early walk to Render Coffee. As my wife slept in a bit, I would have a great coffee, read the paper, and talk to the fantastic staff and customers. Great tables, wonderful food, and different music each day. Sometimes watching and listening to Chris and his staff interact while they efficiently served customers was so enjoyable that I would put the paper down and just do that. Fantastic. they would be welcome in Baltimore.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This was one block over from where we were staying so we'd walk over most mornings on way to subway or wherever our adventure was taking us that day. While not OVERLY friendly like us Texans prefer, they were masters at their trade! Beautifully crafted coffee! Couldn't wait to see what design would be in the froth each morning. The vibe inside was comfy, study like, read a book, quiet chit chat...loved it!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I did not drink coffee until med school, but my fiance is a coffee snob. We both love Render coffee. We have gotten out of bed on a chilly weekend morning just to walk to Render to get some of their goodness. It is worth the trip. Also, the granola is great, the sandwiches are made with love, and the quiches are little slices of heaven. You will not be disappointed.