“Mediocre food and service”
Review of The Whiskey Priest

The Whiskey Priest
Ranked #659 of 3,243 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mediocre food and service”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

You know, this place said "ugh, looks like another mediocre fake irish pub." Should have trusted my instincts (though i was in a group of 5 hungry Bears after an ICA visit, so it wasn't really MY choice anyway). But I was right.... Dry boneless wings, rubbery calamari, boring nachos and my spicy steak salad was actually very tasty but way overdressed with I think I got 2 or 3 of the advertised grilled portabellos.

The service was uninterested and slow - as usually happens it slowed down to a crawl as we went along and by the time we got our check, I was frustrated by the lack of attention. Then to make it worse, she took two credit cards for part of the check, and only brought one back, and just when i went to hunt her down finally, she appeared with it. (Yes, i checked my bank statement online carefully - no waitress shopping sprees fortunately.)

the only reason for two stars rather than one was that it's a nice big space, and there's a thoughtful repetiton of the irish cross theme (on ceiling fixtures, banquette fabric, bathroom walls). Then again, come spring, i'm sure it will be backed to the gills with more Tools than a Craftsman tool chest.

And I noted a $10 cover sign, tho it was not in affect Sunday afternoon -- I'd NEVER pay a cover to come in here. NEVER.

• Visited February 2012

Pocono Manor, Pennsylvania
“Yum”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

It was good food and the sever was very nice.Had the fish and chips ,wings and friends had burgers. love it. Great spot

Visited January 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Quick bite”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I was traveling through Boston on business and ran into the whiskey preist on a rainy day for some fish and chips and a beer. Thick fresh cod and a cold beer, excellent

Raleigh
“Great atmosphere and food”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Good Pub grub and friendly staff. I had the Guinness beef stew and was very pleased with the quality and flavor. My wife had their signature burger and said is was great.

Visited January 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good brew - great view”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Good bar just over the bridge into South Boston. The interior was nice and cozy. We sat towards the back with a view of the water sipping on some delicious seasonal ales. Didn't have a chance to try the food, but hope to be back to do so.

Our server was incredibly polite. She let us relax and hangout.

• Visited September 2011