“Great meal, great service”

Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 3,227 Restaurants in Boston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Description: Enjoy Waterfront Luxury at Our Second Boston Location. Join us at the newest Smith & Wollensky restaurant at 294 Congress Street. The location is part of Boston Properties’ prestigious Atlantic Wharf project located between the new Rose Kennedy Greenway and historic Boston Harbor. Offering a breathtaking waterfront view, the 10,000-square-foot space includes a full-service raw oyster bar. The outdoor patio, bar and lounge add to the restaurant's unique Harbor experience. The European-style exposition kitchen provides culinary entertainment while lush furnishings of wood and leather create a cozy and inviting interior retreat. The restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner.
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
“Great meal, great service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had Easter Dinner at this place and it could not have been better. The food was really good. The service pleasant and prompt. The setting was just right for a family dinner. Beware, the place is pricey, but I knew that going in. We spent a lot, and were totally satisfied.

• Visited April 2014

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Best burger and great service”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was invited here by a local colleague and found the place easily, right by the Boston Tea Party tourist centre on the Waterfront. Welcomed by Irish manager Dave we settled down to fresh homemade bread, drinks and the best burger I have enjoyed in years. Not cheap but still great value, great atmosphere, perfect for working lunches, but sitting outside would have been great with the missus. We had a couple of beers afterwards while watching sports at the outside bar, great selection of craft ales and heated bar if the weather requires. Just all round excellent, well worth a visit, especially for some of the best staff and service anywhere.

• Visited April 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“great service, not a great meal”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and I went during restaurant week. I have found a few steakhouses seem overwhelmed during this time and the quality suffers greatly.

We ordered off the restaurant week menu as well as 2 side dishes from the main menu.

The appetizers:
Pea Soup- Not great, overly salted and not a great aftertaste
Wedge Salad- Pretty good, I liked the dressing and large pieces of bacon

Side dishes-
Creamed Spinach- Just average, nothing more to say about it
Hash browns- Came out stone cold, only the edges were warm due to the hot plate they were sitting on. Its a huge amount and crusty top part is good, but the huge middle portion is just plain potatoes with some seasoning. Not great and of course cold is not good.

Steak-
We both got fillets. I ordered mine rare, my wife medium rare. Both were way overcooked. Mine was between medium-rare and medium as was hers. I also got mine oscar style (bernaise sauce, aspargus and crab meat). The crab meat was very cold. The fillet wasn't a normal round shape so the sides that were smaller got WAY overcooked.

Dessert-
Chocolate and Coconut cake. We both enjoyed the desserts, but they were nothing special.

We brought all the issues up to our server (Evan I think was his name). He was extremely apologetic and offered to get us a new side dish, replace the steaks etc. We declined, since the steak while overcooked was still edible. The server was polite, attentive and took one of the steaks off the bill which we didn't request but appreciated.

I expect much better quality for a top steakhouse but understand that during restaurant week everything suffers.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sburr17
Macon, Mississippi
“S&W Boston Atlantic Wharf”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was the second time for our group to eat at this Smith and Wollenskys. Just did not hold up to the first time a year ago. The establishment was not that busy and the service was just barely. Two in our group are affiliated with the beef industry very well and ordered the dry aged sirloin and rib eye. Both were disappointed in that the steaks were not dry aged at all or very little. I personally ordered my steak medium and it was rare which was ok. I can eat it like that but would rather not. Due to the scarcity of the wait staff it did not seem worth sending back to have it cooked more. For the price paid we could have done better.

Visited March 2014
Reading, Massachusetts
“Great Service, Bad Food!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went to this steakhouse to try it during Restaurant week Boston. I thought restaurant week was supposed to be a way for restaurants to show of their fabulous food. I guess I was wrong, the only thing that was good was the lettuce wedge. The Butcher Burger had no flavor so much so that the two of us were wondering what type of meat it was? The dessert was okay but I would never go back there again. Very Disappointed!!!

• Visited March 2014