“Fabulous anniversary meal”

Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Boston Atlantic Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Description: Enjoy Waterfront Luxury at Our Second Boston Location. Join us at the newest Smith & Wollensky restaurant at 294 Congress Street. The location is part of Boston Properties’ prestigious Atlantic Wharf project located between the new Rose Kennedy Greenway and historic Boston Harbor. Offering a breathtaking waterfront view, the 10,000-square-foot space includes a full-service raw oyster bar. The outdoor patio, bar and lounge add to the restaurant's unique Harbor experience. The European-style exposition kitchen provides culinary entertainment while lush furnishings of wood and leather create a cozy and inviting interior retreat. The restaurant is open for both lunch and dinner.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary in stylke by dining at Smith and Wllensky. We were so very pleased. Every item served to us was not only delicious and artfully prepared, they had a little something special that made our meal fabulous. The restaurant acknowledged our anniversary with glasses of complementary champagne and everyone we encountered wished us a Happy Anniversary, an unexpected special touch. We look forward to dining there again in the future

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Exceptional service from exceptional staff. David Doyle was a fantastic host. The food was delicious from the Pea Soup to the Fillet Mignon and the Tuna. Too stuffed to eat dessert. Ill be back again. Massive wine and cocktail selection. I rolled out of here.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to like it, but the service was slow and it took 30+ minutes to serve a hamburger that was under cooked nd over priced. This is a great location on the water, just wish it was a great restuarant. I don't know why I bother with these large corporate steakhouses. Their ads look great but the food is overpriced and the service gets lost.

1  Thank rubyfoody
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I wanted to like Smith & Wollensky, I really did. When one of my colleagues made reservations for a team dinner for twelve, I was actually excited for a new experience. Unfortunately, on the whole, S&W doesn't really deliver on the promise in any unique way. Worst of all, my "28-day dry-aged sirloin" was largely tasteless.

The particulars: we arrived a little early for our reservation and had to wait a few minutes for our table to be ready -- NOT a surprise for a large group, and the bar area at S&W is pleasant and modern. Once seated at a long table in the main dining room, we were happy with the space. The noise level in the large / hard room was surprisingly well managed, and we could actually converse comfortably. Nice.

The service was fine -- though it edged toward "pushing" the expensive seafood platters (which no-one in our group was particularly inclined toward, but somehow we ended up with anyway). On the bright side, the seafood was very fresh and tasty, as promised. Our waiter and the support staff were attentive and earnest, and the service was what you'd expect at a high-end steakhouse.

In addition to the aforementioned seafood platter (which included oysters, lump crab, and lobster tails -- I only had the crab but it was very sweet and flavorful), we all had salads; my "wedge" salad was a standard interpretation of the steakhouse classic -- good dressing and thick-cut bacon lardons in place of thin, crispy bacon. Good. One of my colleagues had an excellent looking Caesar on which he had extra anchovies. That also looked tasty.

The steaks -- the obvious choice here -- were surprisingly unremarkable. I ordered the aged prime New York Strip, medium, and it came properly prepared but surprisingly under-seasoned. The meat wasn't particularly tender or juicy, and didn't really eclipse what I'd expect for half the price or what I would do at home on my (relatively hot) grill with BJs USDA Choice steaks. Which is all to say -- good, but not sensational. If S&W can't knock my socks off with a steak, that probably says something. One of my friends opted instead for a (non-aged) tenderloin au poivre; tried a bite of that and it was better -- more flavor and juicier -- but still not a blow-your-hair-back experience.

I wish Smith & Wollensky added up as an experience -- I like the *idea* of the high-end steakhouse just fine, and they make all the right moves -- but the overall experience, and especially the steak experience -- just isn't on par with the prices.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I dined outside and enjoyed the waterfront and watching planes fly in the distance during the sunset. The staff were very welcoming. The food was cooked to perfection! The Steak Sauce is a must take away and it was fun to receive a Lucy Dog bag. I will definitely recommend and return again.