Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Reviewed September 3, 2016
YoNort
Whiting, Maine
via mobile
Russ is great. Not for windy rough water days.

Reviewed August 27, 2016
ZenRider
Saratoga Springs, New York
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

I thought this was a pretty fun way to see the Boston Harbor. Girlfriend and I bought a Groupon for this tour and I'd say it was worth it.

The boats are well maintained and pretty easy to learn. Staff were pretty chill.

The tour itself is about 3/4 slow and 1/4 at full speed (about 30 mph). Obviously the full speed part was the most fun! It was absolutely stunning the day we were on the water so the pictures we got were great.

The slow parts were cool and we saw some interesting parts of the harbor, but most of the time I could not hear what our guide was saying about each point of interest. They use walkie talkies to communicate interesting facts and it can be very hard to hear things over the scratchy radio and engine noise.

Either way, we had a good time.

3  Thank Patrick C
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

This is s great way to see Boston -- individuals or couples can share a speed boat and zoom around the harbor on a guided tour that provides plenty of time to have fun behind the wheel.

After an on shore briefing by Tyler, our Suffolk U guide, we headed out at putt-putt speed in single file for a neat educational tour of the waterfront. Tyler then gave the signal to open 'em up, and off we went! So much fun! Even caught some air over the wakes!!

Thanks BHMSB Tours and Tyler for a great day on the water! ;)

4  Thank YoNort
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

We went to the Boston Speed Boats today with myself and my 4 year old daughter. I thought the boats were cool but the tour could have been better. We went out for about 90 minutes and we barely went anywhere. They call it speed boats and they do go but we kept going fast and then stopping and going and stopping. We could never get into a rhythm. It could be because people behind me we slow but it was painful. Also we spent so much time going down the fort point channel at no speed that it wasted half of the tour. There are a million more interesting sites on the harbor than that. I think the tour can be changed to work better and I hope they make some changes. The boats, safety and all of those aspects were vey good and I felt very safe out on the water

6  Thank Mike N
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Our tour was cut short due to gusty winds and heavy choppy waves. A few woman on our tour were frightened and the tour operator Russ cut it short and refunded money. The boats are really fun 1-2 seater 13' yellow speed boats with a fuel injected electric start 30hp motor. Easy to drive, easy to park. Each boat has a CB radio. Good premium life vests and well trained staff ensure this is the very best experience. Further, the harbor is pretty. I'll return on a calmer day. Beats the duck tour with a wet oar!!

1  Thank ZenRider
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

We rented two of the mini speed boats earlier in the week and I must say I am extremely disappointed. We paid full price for two mini speed boat rentals and the tour/rental only lasted one hour, though it was clearly advertised as a 1.5 hour tour. When I questioned why the tour lasted only one hour, our tour guide told us "we should be careful what we wish for because we went into places that we weren't supposed to visit." I do not believe the tour guide's statement was appropriate or truthful as we did not go anywhere special. He even told us at the last stop we were going to make a trip around some islands and that never happened. The ride itself was enjoyable but the experience was totally soured by the brevity of the tour and the arrogance of the tour guide. I have requested a partial refund from the company's corporate headquarters and several days have passed with no response.

3  Thank gjm273
Reviewed August 4, 2016

The tour leaves from a dock right next to the aquarium. After a brief intro by Russ, we got into the boats and left. We had a small group, just our family and were out in 2 boats (2 people per boat). After getting past the no wake zone, we were able to open the boats up in the harbor. We had so much fun bouncing on the waves and watching planes land at Logan. If you want a fun way to see the Boston Harbor, I would recommend this tour. The only negative is that on the website it says that the tour lasts for 1.5 hours and we stayed out for just over an hour

4  Thank smartdesserts
Reviewed July 25, 2016

The group of guys running Boston Harbor Mini Speed Boat Tours are so friendly and professional! We were quickly greeted and the waiver process was really quick and simple. After a safety briefing, we were on our way! The tour began with a slow tour of Boston Harbor/Seaport District as we moved through the no wake zone. This provided a great opportunity to take pictures and enjoy the views. Once we were far enough, our tour guide, RUSS, (he's awesome) communicated to us that we could pick up the pace! The boats were faster than I expected! The harbor was very busy on a Saturday so we had a fun and bumpy ride over other boat's wakes. The best part of this tour was the freedom to move at your own pace. Every so often, the guide would have us meet up and regroup to ensure everyone was doing okay and to give us more information about the sights. We even saw the island that a portion of the movie, Shutter Island, was filmed. Prepare to get wet! These boats are a blast, but don't expect to stay dry! On a hot summer day, the water feels great anyway! Overall, this is a must do in Boston!

1  Thank Savanna E
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

I shared a boat with my thirteen year old daughter today and we both had a terrific time. The tour guy (who I believe was also the owner) was very engaged, friendly and knowledgable. The mix of going slow and learning some of the interesting history, and then having the freedom to speed along once we were out of the interior harbor was perfect. You can speed around on the very easy to maneuver boat and have a lot of fun. We highly recommend it.

3  Thank IanM_WA
Reviewed July 12, 2016

It was the perfect end to a beautiful weekend in Boston. We first drove slowly and looked at the city and then went full speed around the islands. It was my husband's birthday present and he loved it!

5  Thank AA V
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I've been to Boston numerous times, but I've never been able to tour the city like I had with Boston Harbor Mini Speed Boats!! It's a unique tour where you are in the drivers seat and you follow a guide on another boat. One of a kind! And no worries if you've never driven a boat before, because they give you a full demo and training before you get on the water. I would highly recommend this tour and I am looking forward to doing this again with family and friends.

2  Thank wroxi