“Unexpected excellent restaurant in midst of tourist spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trade

Trade
Ranked #175 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
London
“Unexpected excellent restaurant in midst of tourist spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We just popped in for lunch whilst out walking and were immediately impressed with the open and airy restaurant and and outstanding service we received. Very unusual dishes and all were excellent and served piping hot and very quickly. We asked for a freshly squeezed orange juice and this was made immediately. We sat at the bar but there is also a proper restaurant. We ate 3 small dishes avocado with peanut, mango and coriander, sweet corn in a spicy aioli sauce and potatoes cooked in cumin and a really great beef burger. Well worth a visit

Dublin, Ireland
“Decent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The steak was amazing. The service was reasonable but the food was smaller than I expected. Overall we were pleased with our meals but the price we paid for them was slightly excessive. The wine was outstanding. The waiting time needs to be cut in half though. It's not such a high-end restaurant that you must wait so long for each course.

• Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Trendy, good food, great location, but a bit loud.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This restaurant is in a great location, at the base of the Russian building. It has high ceilings, and accommodates large groups of people. It does have a separate glass dinning room for those occasions in which you prefer a little more quietness, not necessarily privacy, as it is glass. The place is noisy, so not very friendly for conversation.
The service is attentive, yet not extremely fast, as it was full and very busy.
On the food side, things change for the good. The flat breads, we had 3 different types, were very good. Fresh and tasty ingredients. We also had the burger, which was good. The salmon was very good, with a scent of sesame. The best dish I tried, was without a doubt, the flank steak, or maybe skirt. Very tasty and juicy. I will surely order that on my next visit. It also has some good wines. The menu is not very extensive, and a bit pricey, but probably not for the location. The Smith and Wollensky around the corner, is double the price.
If you are in the neighborhood, this is a good option for the food, not as much for conversation, but a good place for people watching while you eat.

Illinois
“Trade-Forget It”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

A group of ten ate here last night. My initial reaction to this place was loud and stuffy. The surly English waitress who thought she was doing us all a favor can stuff it. The food was fair and the menu was less than customer friendly. When I asked for a burger, she replied, " you come here and order a burger ? " And my response was " if I want to order a ** burger, then that's what I want. " 25 minutes later she sheepishly comes back and tells me they are out of burgers. So I order a flat bread pizza. It was assuredly edible but I was hungry ten minutes after I finished it. My spouse had salmon and she said it was okay. The drinks were fine, took too long to appear and overall the waitress made the atmosphere unpleasant whenever she arrived. So overall I'd suggest one go elsewhere given the overpriced and paltry menu and entree portions. The No End is 5 minutes away, skip this pretentious eatery.

1 Thank Kayo55
Ventura, California
“Very Good Small Plates and Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We fell on this restaurant, quite by accident. Emma Rose, the hostess and Trevor our server made for a most enjoyable dinner. Trevor suggested a wine that seemed to be a bit of a strange blend and I balked. He did exactly the right thing -- brought us a taste and we ordered a bottle. His suggestions for small dinner were spot on.

The menu is mainly flatbreads and small plates, so the four of us enjoyed a variety of tastes.
HInt: Order the chicken meatballs and put them on the four cheese flatbread. Wow. Everything we had was quite good.

Some of the other reviews say the place is noisy, but that was not our experience. A little off the
beaten path, but worth the effort.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Trade? Share your experiences!