“Liked it but.......”
Review of Trade

Reserve with OpenTable
Trade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #232 of 3,336 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Seasonally sourced + reimagined Mediterranean fare centrally located in the Financial District in Boston. Serving lunch and dinner daily and weekend brunch services coming in October 2017!
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I met up with some friends to have dinner and catch up. We planned on having a drink first but the bar area was very noisy and there was no way to have a conversation without yelling. The maitre d' seated up as far away from the crowd as possible. The service and food were great.....very interesting menu.....attentive service without being overbearing. The big BUT was the noise......even at the table we noticed that as the evening progressed...the restaurant got louder.

Would recommend if you aren't trying to have a conversation with anyone and looking for a good meal as well as a very lively bar.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've walked by the place so many times and seen it jam-packed with drinkers, and I've seen a few mixed reviews, so I was pleasantly surprised. Arrived early evening on a Friday, seated quickly in the window for great viewing passers-by.

I ordered a smoky Oaxacan aged bourbon old-fashioned that was just new to the menu that night and it was excellent so I had THREE (no, not the reason I rated the place well!). Menu has various options but it targeted more toward seafood lovers.

I had a fresh-tasting salad with lightly cooked calamari rings, Italian beans, veggies and it was very light and refreshing.

Main meal was the burger and fries, and the french fries were nice and crispy, not too thick or thin (but well salted, which I like). I'm sure you could ask them to avoid the salt if you wish. There were also selections of flatbreads on the menu as well.

Dessert was like a healthier version of bread pudding made with cornmeal...it really tasted good with ginger and cinnamon but tell them to substitute the grapefruit on the side with something like an apple or peach.

Definitely worth a return as it's convenient to where I live and work, but I wouldn't travel across town to find it. Check when it's open: this place currently is NOT open before 5pm on the weekends!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We attended a function here and stayed for dinner. The staff was great and the location is excellent. Lots of professionals in the mix with an active bar and restaurant. We had a group of 14 for dinner and the food came out together, hot and well presented. A great new addition to the area. One drawback was the noise in the function room. A little more acoustic dampening would help. Close to the financial district, waterfront and beacon hill. I will certainly return.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

really liked this place...ambiance, drinks and tappas were all good...service also good..nice selection of beers and a glass to go with each one!..would definitely go back

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

You HAVE to come for the flatbreads. Their oven is state of the art & the dough is perfection. We loved the lamb sausage & manchego version. I loved the selections of wine by the glass and the Sommelier's choice Pinot Noir ($14/glass) paired perfectly with the flatbreads. We also enjoyed the oven roasted brussel sprouts, they had unique flavor. Although I can't tell you what the flavor was, it was just good. Fun to sit at the bar & watch them make the flatbreads. Pace your order, the food flies out of the oven!