“Excellent Roast Beef sandwich”
Review of Roast Beast

Roast Beast
Ranked #733 of 3,275 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed July 11, 2014

It's just a little hole in the ground, but what an amazing product. Although there are other items on the menu, the roast beef sandwich is so good, I have really not tried the other sandwiches (chicken, turkey, pulled pork). It is an excellent roast beef! I usually have it with beast sauce (homemade bbq sauce), horseradish sauce (milder than the pure horseradish...but they have that too for the daring) and sauteed onions....yum! Easily accessible via the B branch of the Green Line. Worth the trouble.

1  Thank Smiles3usa

Reviewed June 28, 2014

It is really popular for roast beef sandwiches.. I ordered turkey breast sandwich to see if other deli meats are as good as roast beef. Yup it is! Very thick sandwich= very satisfying.. I left pleased.. This spot is small but enough. The service is quick and productive. I noticed many men come to this restaurant for big hearty sandwich but as a woman, I don't mind!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Arrived at my hotel and decided to walk around the neighborhood to find some lunch. I spotted Roast Beast (they have a big mat in front with the name/logo) and decided to give it a shot. Walked down the steps into a small, simple place, Probably 7 or 8 stools and a counter if you decide to dine in.

They have a wide variety of creative roast beef sandwiches, or you can create your own delectable delight. The guys at the counter were great, they answered all my questions, and I opted for one of the best sellers which included the "secret Beast sauce" and spicy pickles on their signature onion roll.

Great fresh tasting sandwich, with a myriad of great flavors. In fact, when I was done I mentioned to one of the counter guys that my sandwich was so good I probably could eat another.

Next time in Boston, I will definitely eat another! Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I work in the area and decided to have lunch at Roast Beast with some coworkers. I was pleasantly surprised to see the variety of sandwiches, spreads, and combinations available. The food was served quickly and was delicious. Roast Beast is located in a basement and there are only a few seats, but it is a neighborhood hot spot.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place puts the long-established and popular Kelly's Roast Beef to shame, which is saying something. Hole-in-the-ground (since it's mostly below grade) place with zero atmosphere, but delicious roast beef sandwiches with lots of options for condiments.