Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
$332
$310
Agoda.com
2,845 results
All reviewswine hourfreedom trailhighball loungewine receptionbeantown pubskyline viewboston commonsyoga matpark stcomplimentary winemini barcupcakestremont streetstate housebeacon hillthe north endboutique hotel
Reviewed February 4, 2011

My wife and I have become regulars at the Nine Zero after having tried just about every other "nicer" luxury hotel in Boston.
First and most importantly, the staff CANNOT be nicer and more accommodating. The rooms are hip, yet comfortable, not the minimalist ultra chic thing.
The location is great also. I highly suggest becoming a Kimpton Intouch member for the added perks!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2011

My girlfriend and I actually fell in love at (and with) this hotel two years ago. We stayed here again most recently to celebarate our two year anniversary. We felt like the two most important people in Boston. All the details, all the little things that they did made us feel truly pampered. We missed their complementary wine hour because our train was delayed, so at check in they gave us two glasses of sparkling wine while they welcomed us back. They upgraded our room to a high floor overlooking the commons and when we walked in... Magic. There were rose petals on the bed, around a bottle of champagne they left chilling, and around our two companion goldfish. They also left us a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and an ORIGINAL Boston creme pie! Immediately we got a call from the front desk asking if everything was to our liking, which it absolutely was! For the rest of our stay we got to know some of the staff and their concierge who was able to get us special reservations at one of the more popular places in Boston. The whole staff was extremely helpful and prompt with whatever we needed. Most importantly they spoke and acted with sincerity, and seemed absolutely genuinely happy that we were there.
The hotel itself is great too! Located within a stone's throw of the Boston commons, the granary burial
Ground, and close to the T station. The rooms are tastefully appointed with ample space. I've heard some people say that their lobby is small, but at this boutique hotel I think it comes across as intimate. A lot of awesome people stay here and it's kind of fun to just hang out in the lobby. Overall this hotel strikes a perfect balance - upscale without being uptight.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I am on the road constantly for work. This was my first stay at Nine Zero and I cannot say enough about the staff and facility. Not only is this hotel in the heart of town, I came back from work each day welcomed by the staff and relaxed within minutes in my room. You want for nothing here. If it isn't in the room, they have it at the desk. The food is excellent. I had to work long hours in my room and it was such a pleasant surprise to have a staff member bring me a pot of coffee in the early hours after he found me roaming the hotel looking for courtesy coffee. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. Not your standard cold hotel room. I will be back in a couple weeks and won't even consider staying anywhere else. I wish I could take Nine Zero with me to every city!

Reviewed January 25, 2011

I stayed at Nine Zero two nights on business. It is a hip, modern place with fun decor and complimentary glasses of wine at every turn. However, my room was small and storage space was lacking; the hotel restaurant is closed for dinner 2 nights/week (Sunday, Monday), and the shower would be absolutely impossible for a large person to utilize. (The shower door opens inward and one must s-q-u-e-e-z-e between the door and the shower wall to enter/exit the shower. A big person would simply not fit. It is also necessary to turn off the water during entrance / exit or else spray the room. An ergonomic disaster.)
Business center is available but no free internet.

1  Thank This_too_shall_pass
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I chose Nine Zero after reading Trip Advisor reviews (thanks Trip Advisor!), and I was not disappointed. I walked from the train station in a cold drizzling rain and was pretty chilled when I walked in the front door. The very friendly front desk clerk asked me if I'd like a complimentary glass of wine to warm me up. I said that would be great if I was a drinker, but what I really needed was a hot cocoa. We both chuckled and I went to my room (which is great, by the way). A few minutes later, as I was putting on my running shoes to go to the fitness center there was a knock at the door. To my surprise and delight a gentleman was standing there with a slice of pie and a tall hot cocoa, complete with marshmallows! He said that he was the night manager and had overheard my conversation with the front desk clerk and wanted to welcome me to the Nine Zero. The hotel is beautiful. The room is great. Kimpton hotels always have great beds, this is no exception. The fitness center is small, but up-to-date and complete. One thing I love about Kimpton hotels is a small thing. They all have a light switch when you walk in that actually turns lights on in the room, instead of just the little hall light you get in most chain hotels. It feels like home. Like I said, it's a small thing, but it's the little things that matter.