“Excellent Hotel Near Everything”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Hotel Near Everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed over Christmas for a week. We booked the King Premiere Room with a view. The view was excellent and the room was very nice. We didn't eat at the restaurant or try the bar so I can't comment on those. The location is excellent being just a block from Boston Common and several blocks from Faneuil Hall. Newbury street is just across the Common.
Overall we really liked the hotel and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

Location is good - probably, this is the case with most hotels, considering Boston is not that big. Rooms are relatively clean and nice but small. Yes, they have free wine everyday and they try to be hip, contemporary etc but they don't have standards in terms of customer service. They mention in their guest book that kids get a free gift at chec in, but they didn't offer us one - after my 8year old son read it, we had to ask for it. They also claim that you can get a loan pet fish, and when my son asked for one, they said none left. So we didn't receive any of the pampering they claim to provide. It is one thing not to be pampered if they don't promise to do so but another thing not to get it while some other customers receive and you don't. Just makes you uncomfortable for no reason.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
HotelManager90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us. It is disheartening to read your family experienced the disappointment you describe in regards to our ability to deliver on our promise. We are terribly sorry for this inconvenience and I assure you we will get better as a result. Come and see us again soon!
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

This hotel is in a perfect location, literally steps away from the Freedom Trail and a block from the Park T stop. The staff was beyond helpful, giving us directions, making reservations, offering advice and just being friendly. The accomodations are amazing, very modern up to date with all the ammenities you could ask for. They always have fresh fruit infused water out, hot chocolate in the afternoon and a wine reception at night. I forgot my hair straightener...and they had some one hand to borrow!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

Spent New Years Eve at 90 and although the location was great and the hotel itself is clean and modern, my stay was a disaster. The check-in was slow the valet parking was total chaos. The pay movie channel was broken,the request for service was met with excuses and promises of a quick fix,and no follow up! The front desk assured us that the problem would be addressed . Still no reply! My vehicle was parked on the street in the valet exit area with a brand new dent ! My complaint was met with complete indiference. No apology, no concern, just blame game pointing the finger at contracted parking company (Laz) Awful , total incompitence!!

1 Thank BostonFestuca
Dear Guest,
We have reached out to you regarding the concerns you mentioned in your review and for the tripadvisor nation we feel we have adequately responded/recovered with this particular guest. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2010

Centrally located downtown, opposite the Granary Burial Ground, near the Boston Common and within walking distance from metro station (Park St) so easily accessible from the airport.
Spacious and clean, minute details. Breakfast varied and tasty.
The staff is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and polite, always willing to answer our requests.

The city of Boston is really beautiful and livable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

My wife and I had a reservation here after Christmas. We planned to stay here for a night after leaving Nantucket where we spent our Christmas. Unfortunately, due to a large snow/wind/rain storm, all the boats and planes from Nantucket were canceled for two days.

We called the hotel to cancel our reservation. The hotel said they would be happy to cancel it, but since we made the reservation through a third party (Skoosh.com), we would have to cancel through them. The hotel told us they would have to pay Skoosh either way so we asked to just get a credit with the hotel, which they refused. The hotel said if the third party would agree to let us cancel, they would be happy to oblige.

We contacted the third party and they said many other people had this same type of issue due to the large storm. They told us they would be fine with canceling the hotel reservation, but that they would have to see if the hotel would agree. A day later, we were informed that the hotel would not agree to let us cancel the reservation.

We had stayed here about 6 nights previously. I would think that a hotel of this caliber would value repeat business and not look to make money off bad situations like this. We will avoid this hotel in the future.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank andrewfm
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

I recently stayed at the Hotel Nine Zero as a part of my company holiday party. My firm usually puts its employees up in a hotel nearby so that we can all enjoy ourselves to the fullest extent without worrying about getting home after a long night of partying. I chose Hotel Nine Zero and I must say that I was definitely not disappointed. All of the staff that I encountered, whether at check-in, valet, or even passing house-keeping in the hallways, were beyond pleasant and unbelievably helpful. Accomodating the guests needs is at the top of the priority list and it shows. My room was gorgeous, comfortable and chic. I had a corner room with a beautiful night time view of the Park Street Church and the Boston Commons. I have to tell you as a Bostonian, born and raised in the city, waking up in the middle of downtown Boston was great. Being as a I know where everything is located, I must tell you that as an out-of-town visitor the location cannot be beat. I thought to myself upon checking out that it must be wonderful for tourists to wake up and be right in the center of everything and have access to so many Boston local attractions. I had a more than wonderful stay and even though I live in Boston, I am already planning a night out back at Hotel Nine Zero.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
Dear Iamamsterdam,

As a fellow bostonian myself, I have to agree with you about the location. The staff here truly loves coming into work in the heart of Bean Town! I am so glad to hear that you felt the customer service that we strive to provide. Hope you had a wonderfun holiday party and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon for a fun night in the city!

Thanks again.