“Very Nice Modern Hotel”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #20 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This was a nice hotel with a modern design. The rooms were small but decorated very nice. A welcome gift of chocolates and a bottle of water were in my room when I arrived. The shower was awesome! The beds were also very comfortable. I was a little disappointed by the cleanliness in the bathroom. It looked like the counter around the sink had not been cleaned in awhile. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,769)

Reviewed October 8, 2010

From the moment we walked in we could tell that customer service was a top priority for the staff. We stayed three nights over a long weekend. One of the lesser expensive "nice" hotels in the area. I highly recommend signing up as an In-Touch member. That gave us free internet access and they placed us in a room on a high floor thus providing us with an awesome view of the river, the Back Bay area and even Fenway Park to the south. GREAT location, close to two T stops and the Common and Public Gardens and so many attractions are within walking distance. Treats upon check-in was a nice touch as was the turndown service with the music playing when we got back to our room each night and the nightly wine hour. Beds were SO comfortable and as an In-Touch member you get to choose your bedding. Concierge gladly will print your airline boarding passes. The only negative we would have is there is virtually no drawers for clothes and the closet space is tiny in the queen regular room we had. Great value!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Great personality to this hotel. Looked really nice - very out of the ordinary.

Excellent location, right downtown, and not far from the airport.

Room was very comfortable too

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is a very nice hotel to stay at. It is well located, close to the T and almost in Beacon Hill. It is several steps from the Boson Common. The rooms are clean, well lit and the beds are very comfortable. We had a very nice view of the golden dome of State Building from our room on the 18th floor. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The concierge (Thomas) is excellent. The late afternoon complimentary wine hour is a nice way to end a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2010

Hello TMR4roses,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post abour your recent trip the The Nine Zero, we really appreciate it. Isn't the complimentary wine hour the BEST? Perfect way to unwind in the lobby after a long day of being Bean Town tourist! You are certainly right about THomas- we are so lucky to have him as a part of the Kimpton Team.

Thanks again, and see you next time!

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Honeymoon trip. Lovely hotel, Friendly staff, Very professional approach from everyone (from check in to check out). Simply TERRIFIC! Bravo!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

just got back from our 4 night stay at Nine Zero. My husband took me there for my 40th Birthday and we were treated exceptionally well. Champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries on arrival along with a complimentary room upgrade. The staff are are incredibly helpful and friendly. The hosted wine evening is a nice touch and a great way to meet fellow travellers. The location however is what truly makes this hotel. Thank you so much for making our stay special and look forward to coming back in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Hi Mussettc,

Thanks so much for choosing to celebrate your milestone birthday with us at The Nine Zero. I am so glad you felt welcomed with the delicious sounding goodies- my mouth is watering! We hope to be able to celebrate with you for your next birthday!

Thanks for your awesome feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

I've stayed at Kimpton hotels in Boston, NY, and Washington DC on business and have found them VERY business friendly. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for family travel. For the second time in the past year, I've had problems booking a Kimpton room because apparently my family of five is too big. I tried to book a six night stay only to be told that all the rooms are rated for 4 people or less. I don't really buy that this is a Fire Marshall issue as was explained to me on my previous attempt last year as I have stayed at similar sized hotels in Boston and NYC with my apparently enormous family without any problems. The location is great, the hotel is clean, but I can't stay with my wife, a 9 year old, 5 year old, and infant. I think I'd rather earn points elsewhere when I'm traveling on business so that my mega-family and I can enjoy a free night out every now and then.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank JasonWright_10
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Dear Mr. Wright,
I wanted to thank you for sharing your review of the Nine Zero. I'm very happy to hear that you find our Kimpton Hotels excellent for your business travel needs, but I was upset to hear that you have had problems booking for family travel. We pride ourselves on our Kimpton Kids program and all of the family-friendly amenities we provide, and we certainly want you and your family to be able to experience the Nine Zero together. I have brought this issue to our operations team, and we will be reviewing the details of this policy to see if we can accommodate your booking requests in the future. I hope we'll be seeing you and your family at the Nine Zero soon, and thank you again for sharing your concerns.