“A Warm Friendly Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal
“A Warm Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is a very nice hotel to stay at. It is well located, close to the T and almost in Beacon Hill. It is several steps from the Boson Common. The rooms are clean, well lit and the beds are very comfortable. We had a very nice view of the golden dome of State Building from our room on the 18th floor. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The concierge (Thomas) is excellent. The late afternoon complimentary wine hour is a nice way to end a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Hello TMR4roses,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post abour your recent trip the The Nine Zero, we really appreciate it. Isn't the complimentary wine hour the BEST? Perfect way to unwind in the lobby after a long day of being Bean Town tourist! You are certainly right about THomas- we are so lucky to have him as a part of the Kimpton Team.

Thanks again, and see you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Honeymoon trip. Lovely hotel, Friendly staff, Very professional approach from everyone (from check in to check out). Simply TERRIFIC! Bravo!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2010

just got back from our 4 night stay at Nine Zero. My husband took me there for my 40th Birthday and we were treated exceptionally well. Champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries on arrival along with a complimentary room upgrade. The staff are are incredibly helpful and friendly. The hosted wine evening is a nice touch and a great way to meet fellow travellers. The location however is what truly makes this hotel. Thank you so much for making our stay special and look forward to coming back in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hi Mussettc,

Thanks so much for choosing to celebrate your milestone birthday with us at The Nine Zero. I am so glad you felt welcomed with the delicious sounding goodies- my mouth is watering! We hope to be able to celebrate with you for your next birthday!

Thanks for your awesome feedback.
Dallas Fort Worth
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I've stayed at Kimpton hotels in Boston, NY, and Washington DC on business and have found them VERY business friendly. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for family travel. For the second time in the past year, I've had problems booking a Kimpton room because apparently my family of five is too big. I tried to book a six night stay only to be told that all the rooms are rated for 4 people or less. I don't really buy that this is a Fire Marshall issue as was explained to me on my previous attempt last year as I have stayed at similar sized hotels in Boston and NYC with my apparently enormous family without any problems. The location is great, the hotel is clean, but I can't stay with my wife, a 9 year old, 5 year old, and infant. I think I'd rather earn points elsewhere when I'm traveling on business so that my mega-family and I can enjoy a free night out every now and then.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JasonWright_10
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Dear Mr. Wright,
I wanted to thank you for sharing your review of the Nine Zero. I'm very happy to hear that you find our Kimpton Hotels excellent for your business travel needs, but I was upset to hear that you have had problems booking for family travel. We pride ourselves on our Kimpton Kids program and all of the family-friendly amenities we provide, and we certainly want you and your family to be able to experience the Nine Zero together. I have brought this issue to our operations team, and we will be reviewing the details of this policy to see if we can accommodate your booking requests in the future. I hope we'll be seeing you and your family at the Nine Zero soon, and thank you again for sharing your concerns.
somerset
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The staff at this hotel are second to none. They looked after me like royalty and I would not dream of staying anywhere else in Boston

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2010

The reviews about this hotel are right - it's great. The beds were luxurious and we were spoilt with champagne and strawberries. The shower was amazing, like some of the other reviewers we did end up with half a tub of water by the time we finished tho! Love the music playing as you walk in every evening and just the whole feel of the place was great. You can't ask for a better location - right on the freedom trail 2 mins (if that) from 2 T stops and just round the corner from Downtown Crossing for cheap shopping. Would come back again for sure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2010

From the moment we arrived to the hotel to the second we left, the staff was warm and accomodating. They had balloons, flowers, chocolates, champagne and rose petals on the bed to my fiance's specifications upon our arrival. Music was playing in our room as we entered each evening. Many of Boston's historical attractions are all in walking distance from the hotel. We did go to Back Bay each night for dinner, but took a cab. It's about an 8.00 cab ride each way. Went to Fenway which is the farthest away we got from the hotel and got a cab no problem. A standard room is decent size for the city and the hotel is beautifully decorated throughout.

thank you Nine Zero for one of the most memorable weekends of my life. I will never stay anywhere else in Boston.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple