Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
$386
$356
Agoda.com
2,844 results
All reviewswine hourfreedom trailhighball loungewine receptionbeantown pubskyline viewboston commonsyoga matpark stcomplimentary winemini barcupcakestremont streetstate housebeacon hillthe north endboutique hotel
Reviewed June 20, 2010

If you are looking for a breath of fresh air from the world where customer service just doesn't exist, run, don't walk, to Nine Zero. It is a welcome change from the norm when you pull into the Nine Zero. Imagine this, people are NICE and SMILING and HAPPY to help you!! I know, it's hard to believe but it's true! We were greeted with a smile by Ben, welcoming us to the Nine Zero, then Brian was very happy to welcome us and wish us a happy anniversary and offer us a glass of champagne. THEN we met Michael, who also wished us a Happy Anniversary and said he had a very special room for us....very special indeed! It was the pent house suite, I know why they call it Could Nine, because it truly was. A cold bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were soon delivered to the room, again, unbelievable service!! Kevin, the concierge searched high and low to find the perfect place for us to get a margarita. The room was gorgeous, beyond gorgeous actually, the staff were all so friendly, even the lady cleaning the room next door, said hello with a smile. Everyone, I mean everyone, was happy and friendly and genuine. A true haven in from the cold world of today. Yes, the room was immaculate, the shower was hot, the drinks were cold, the bed was comfy, the towels ALL the towels, were soft! Stop looking for another hotel and just go. Thanks everyone, for everything, right down to the cold water for the road trip home. Ben, Brian, Kevin, Lindsay (Have fun in Italy and go to the Epic :0) and of course Michael, THANK YOU! I'll be back soon! (but not soon enough!)

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Dear travelmom34,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Nine Zero Hotel. We appreciate the kind compliments! We're so happy to hear that your anniversary was a special one, and I will pass on to our team your warm regards. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 7, 2010

Right in the heart of downtown Boston. I would definitely stay here again. Its got a great little free wine tasting from 5-6pm in the lobby. The restaurant there looked great - we didn't have a chance to try it but it looks great. The beds were quite comfortable. You get a full ironing board with iron in the room. There is a great mini bar with all sorts of liquor. I recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear ahuffington,
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us at the Nine Zero hotel, and I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with others. I'm glad you were able to join our hosted evening wine reception during your visit, and I'm glad you found our beds to be so comfortable! I hope you'll be back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed at Nine Zero for four nights at the start of a two week holiday in Boston and Cape Cod. We had booked a King View room and were given a room on the 16th floor of the hotel with a great view over Boston Common and the city. The room was large and comfortable - huge bed, comfy chairs by the window, good working area and a good bathroom. Our only slight complaint was that there was no coffee maker in the room - there was a sign to say you could ask for one if you wanted one from reception. There was however a very well stocked mini bar.

We had joined the Kimpton In Touch programme before staying at the hotel and we were given a voucher to raid the mini bar for a couple of items which was a really nice touch and something a bit different to your 'average' hotel. We also recieved a box of chocolates as an arrival gift which were unexpected but very tasty! As part of the In Touch programme we had complimentary high speed internet access in our room - I would really recommend joining the programme if you're going to stay at a Kimpton hotel - it's free and the extras you get are great.

The location of the hotel is excellent - right on the Freedom Trail, a few minutes to the nearest T station (Park Street) which is convenient to get to pretty much anywhere in town and near to lots of bars and restaurants.

We went to the wine hour in the lobby on two occasions which was a great way to finish the day/start the evening - another little extra that made this place better than staying in one of the larger chains. We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel or try out the restaurant or bar - there were so many options in the area that we wanted to get out and explore.

Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would consider staying here again in we find ourselves back in Boston. All the staff we came across were friendly and welcoming and the little extras that this place offers make it stand out from other comparable places we've stayed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beccx
Reviewed June 4, 2010

This hotel has a great location, right on the Freedom Trail and very close to a T station. Much of Boston is in walking distance, and to go a bit further, just head down to the T. The facility seems to be fairly new. Staff was friendly, and they provide a wine-tasting hour from 5 to 6, which we enjoyed before heading out to dinner. The hotel is pet-friendly, which is good or bad depending on your point of view (for us, it just meant hearing some dog barking, but not too bad). Rooms in Boston generally are pretty high priced, but we watched for specials and thought the rates we got at the Nine Zero were reasonable, plus they included a discount at the restaurant, and so we had our breakfasts there. The hotel, however, had several deficiencies. The air conditioning struggled to keep up in the heat of the day; the lighting in the room was very poor, and two efforts to get additional lighting failed; one of the two elevators was out of service almost the entire time of our stay, so there were long waits for the one working elevator; one of the key card readers failed repeatedly, leading to some unhappiness; and on some occasions, hot water came out of the cold water tap. I thought my wife was kidding when she told me about this, but later I went to get a drink and had the same experience. The exercise room isn't much, but I guess they'll give you a pass to a nearby Bally's if you looking for more. Overall, if you are willing to put up with these inconveniences, and if you can snag a good rate, the hotel might fill the bill for you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MinnViking
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I was extremely pleased with the Nine Zero Hotel. I made a reservation for one nights stay, for my partner's birthday. I mentioned on the phone to them that it was going to be her b-day when we were there, and the surprised us with a room upgrade. Not only were they really generous doing that, they sent up some champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and gave us coupons for free cocktails in the bar! They went above and beyond our expectations. The rooms were also decorated really nicely. They were hip and modern without being too trendy or weird. Beds were comfy, didn't hear any noise outside of the room, and everything was in good condition. Couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear gcleone,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Nine Zero Hotel with others. We appreciate the great feedback, and I'm so happy to hear that the special occasion was a memorable one! We look forward to your next visit!