“A truly remarkable experience yet again”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #17 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, MA
“A truly remarkable experience yet again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2010

The Nine Zero will always be one of those hotels I get very exciting to stay at. A rarity if you ask me. A truly unique and welcoming experience every time I stay here. The Nine Zero has captured this distinctive hotel experience that I can’t say I’ve ever felt. The staff in general is overwhelmingly kind and warm. No matter what requests I make when I stay here, they always meet them and exceed them way above and beyond. Upon check in I was given a voucher for two free mini-bar items thanks to Kimpton Intouch Loyalty program. I was blown away when I entered my room when I saw a bottle wine and a fruit platter. The room itself was perfect. I had windows surrounding my entire room with an excellent view of Boston. The bed was heavenly. Another tremendous benefit of being in the Kimpton Intouch program is the free internet. Hotels of this caliber don’t typically offer complimentary internet. I can always count on the Nine Zero for a remarkable experience. That I don’t usually get anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (630)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

The Nine Zero is the latest Kimpton jewel I've discovered in my travels. I stayed there for two nights to attend a hockey game at Fenway Park. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The room was spacious and clean. The mattress was firm. One minor problem -- the shower leaked a little water. But that was the only blemish to report. The staff was courteous and professional especially Mike at the front desk & Fawn who was gracious & provided me with excellent recommendations. The hotel is near the T & within walking distance of Mike's Pastry Shop in the North End. Bravo Kimpton. You've done it again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2010
Dear Traveler1896,
Thank you for such a beaming review of your Nine Zero Hotel visit! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Simpsonville SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

From the moment my cab pulled up to the front of the hotel entrance, I knew that this experience was going to be the standard that all other hotels I ever stay at were going to be compared to.

A key element to this experience is that I want to point out is that I do no look like the normal demographic that would stay at a hotel like this. I am 38, with long hair. Basically, I look like the love child of Ben Franklin, Meat Loaf, and Ted Nugent...with a little dash of Chris Farely thrown into the mix for added flavor.

Being a wedding photographer/videographer I am constantly working at country clubs and I am constantly snubbed for my "80's rocker hair." They don't know that I grow it for Locks Of Love...a charity that uses my hair to make wigs for children with cancer who have lost their's due to chemo. Most just see the long hair and treat me like the red headed step child. Here at your hotel, I might as well been at the counter of Guitar Center. They made me feel right at home.

Michael at the front counter was amazing. Part of the check in process is asking for a credit card to cover the balance of any incidentals that a customer may buy during their stay...well you know this already so I will move on.

I do not normally have a balance available on credit cards. In fact all my credit cards are debit cards. I refuse to pay interest to someone for something I do not need to.

Michael did not make me feel like a second rate citizen because I did not have a credit card to put on file. When I just stayed in Las Vegas, they dang near accused me of starting the civl war.

Michael was extremely helpful and sincerely wanted to make my stay at a Kimpton Hotel be the best....and he accomplished this...and I had not even been to the room yet. I knew this was going to be the best hotel visit ever.

The bellman was also fantastic, although I did not get his name, it was very cold out this morning and I was trying to get in the door.

Another outstanding person/asset to your hotel is Thomas Burke, the Concierge. He helped me find my way around town and like Michael he was a blast to talk to. I cannot remember the last time I had that great of an experience just asking directions. Again, another example of how your hotel succeeds at providing only the best in customer service.

And tonight John, assisted me with getting another key...as I left both of mine inside my room.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

We stayed here in two rooms for two nights over New Year's. Rooms were funky, fun, and clean. Beds were super comfortable. Staff was upbeat, friendly, and helpful. Service was impeccable. Location is wonderful -- a block from the Park St. T stop. Every staff member we came into contact with greeted us with a smile. We enjoyed the wine hour, the fun way they take "Pet Friendly" to a new level (and we didn't have a pet with us, and we declined the offer of a goldfish delivered to our room as part of their "guppy love" program, but we still enjoyed walking through a small menagerie of happy pets whenever we came through the lobby), and just the overall vibe of the place.

Internet is free for Kimpton In Touch members and members get a "raid the mini-bar" coupon.... You can join when you check in if you're not already a member.

Tip: Kimpton Hotels will match any price you can find on the internet, and add a few extras (like late check-out and Kimpton In-Touch privileges) if you book through them, and the best rates are often on other websites, so it's worth checking prices using the TripAdvisor search tool first.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

My husband & I, our dog (Shih Tzu) & my Mom stayed at Nine Zero Hotel in Boston for the Holidays 12/24-12/26/09. We had two King Deluxe Rooms. My husband & I are avid travelers & were quite impressed with the impeccable service, staff & hotel. There's something about their beds & feather top pillow that makes it by far the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in! We also love the decor of the room & hotel. It's very posh/trendy/comfy & the rooms are quite spacious. They also have a cozy 'living room' type lobby where they have a wine tasting nightly. Also have one restaurant/bar within hotel called 'KO Prime'. Looked quite trendy, but didn't eat there so can't comment on that. My Mom ordered room service for breakfast both mornings & loved it. We're not the type to raid the mini-bar as we like to dine/drink out, but we were impressed with everything they had in it! There was just about anything you could drink and/or snack on it! The service is incomparable as the staff goes out of the way to meet your every request. The concierge, "Thomas Burke", was wonderful & so pleasurable to work with! Since we were there during Christmas, we worked with him a lot to find restaurants & places open on the Holidays, make reservations, etc. He was fantastic & made several accommodations for us since the hotel bar/restaurant was closed during the Holiday week. Every person we interacted with at the front desk, room service & housekeeping was truly a pleasure to deal with. Also, since the hotel is 'pet friendly', they provide pet bowls, pet beds & dog walkers/sitters upon request (fee required for dog walking/sitting). We've never brought our dog to a hotel before & what a pleasurable experience they made it for her/us! The best part for dogs is, the Boston Common is 1 block from the hotel which has a dog park. Even if your dog isn't the type to play with other dogs, at least they've always got a close place "to go" since Boston Common is just across the street. They told us all the Kimpton owned hotels are 'pet friendly' which is great to know for future trips.
We also stayed here once before during summer 2009 & absolutely loved it then as well! During our 1st visit, we had a Queen Room which was also fabulous & so was the service!
We can't say enough good things about this hotel & will definitely go back & only stay at Nine Zero when in Boston.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
End
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

This was are first stay at Nine Zero. Right from the start we were made to feel special and our room was upgrade with-out having to ask. They put us on the 18th floor facing Boston Common,"what an incredible view." This was are dogs first trip to the hotel also, she was treated very well. My husband doesn't let strangers watch our dog, but he felt very comfortable leaving Skye with them. They put our minds at ease and didn't hesitate to take our dog (a husky.) I would highly reccomend this hotel to any dog lover. The dogsitting rates are resonable and you will never have to worry, just go out and enjoy the city. When you get back you can be sure that your dog was well treated and maybe even spoiled just a little. Ours was, right down to the evening walk that they took her on while we were gone. Again when going to the city with your pet, you should consider Nine Zero they are very pet friendly. Thanks so much for our enjoyable stay.
Fondly,
Rob & Robin

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Distributi0nManager, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2009
Dear AriBella120260,
We appreciate the review of your recent stay with us at the Nine Zero Hotel. I'm so glad that you both had such a wonderful stay! It's great to hear that your husky Skye was treated so well and that you felt comfortable leaving him in the hands of our staff. We hope to see you all again soon!
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

I stayed her for four nights in October, and was overall pleased with the hotel. It was in an excellent location, just across the way from Boston Common. Like other hotels in the area there was a charge to park a vehicle, so that was expected. I felt welcomed on my arrival, but was rarely spoken to otherwise. In the restaurant, I felt very unwelcome, which is a shame considering the price of the food there. I will say that I was disappointed in the free continental breakfast. With just some fruit and a few stale, quartered pastries it paled in comparison to free breakfasts and other chain hotels. Overall the room was nice and there was never a problem with cleanliness. I just feel that for the price I paid, the service would have been better. I will probably stay further out of the city in a more reasonably priced hotel next time I am in the city.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo