“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Whitby, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great hotel in a great location of the city...rooms are not huge but modern, nice, and clean. The staff are friendly and helpful which always makes such a difference. I recommend the skyline view rooms. We also really enjoyed the breakfast in the restaurant on the second floor.

Room Tip: Skyline view rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Greetings TheWorldFromWhitby,

I’m glad you enjoyed our central location, décor and found our staff to be friendly.

We hope you have a chance to visit again,

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It has been 2 days since I checked out of the extremely, well located Nine Zero hotel. It is central and walkable to everything in Boston.

I must admit that I chose it based on a promotion Amex was having at the time. Yes, I shop hotel prices on all the usual sights (Jetsetter, AMEX, Expedia) for the best price on 4 and 5 star hotels ONLY. I have stayed in a variety of Bosotn's best hotels but quite frankly the Mandarin and Four Seasons have become so cost prohibitive that I decided to try something new.

The hotel has a well appointed and fashionable lobby, cozy even. The doorman are great. Their manner is very helpful yet very "old school"; like the old fashioned NYC hotels used to have. Good doorman are a wealth of information that you just don't find anywhere else.

My other Nine Zero favorites include the fresh fruit flavored water available 24/7 , coffee & tea in the a.m., and nightly wine; all complimentary to guest. Nice touch! Of course, free WIFI. I cannot stand when I am paying top dollar at an expensive hotel and I incur an additional fee for WIFI. I feel "nickel and domed" whenever that happens.

My only issue at the hotel was with the dark room I was initially given at check-in which I promptly asked to be changed; I am a sunlight kind of gal. I also had the pleasure of meeting an "on the ball", hospitality oriented hotel manager named Mathew He is more then happy to help you with any request. He even runs with hotel guests on Tues. and Thurs mornings at 7:00 a.m. as a way to get to know his guest.

Bottom line, I plan on returning to the boutique hotel Nine Zero.

Hello Deb0rah123,

I was pleased to note you liked the décor of the hotel and found our doormen to provide excellent service. I’m so glad you had the opportunity to run with Matt and me and get a local’s perspective on things.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My sister, my son and I had a fabulous four-night Boston getaway, and we're so glad we chose this hotel. If you join their InTouch loyalty program, you can let them know your room preferences, ages of your children, etc. When you check in, it's as if they already know you. We paid extra for a better view/higher floor, which was well worth it, as we had amazing views of Boston Common. My 11-year-old son received a check-in gift bag that included a great Boston travel booklet with pop-up map and compass, which he used the entire time. This thoughtful gift made him and us feel really special. We loved the fruity water that was always full and chilled in the lobby, and when I requested more towels, they were sent up immediately. The location can't be beat, so if you're in town and want to walk to all of the sights, this is the place to stay. You will be greeted with smiles and well taken care of during your stay.

Room Tip: We booked a Skyline room with two queen beds, which was on the top (19th) floor. It was well worth i...
Hello heypammyb,

I’m thrilled you all felt well cared for and that you enjoyed our refreshing lobby water. I’m glad you liked the view from your room and made the most of our central location.

We hope to see again,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We had an excellent few days at Nine Zero- it is perfectly located, great rooms and the hotel staff were brilliant with no exceptions. Thomas the concierge helped us with two restaurant bookings- we had a great time at both.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Christina879,

I’m glad you enjoyed our location, your accommodations and especially the service provided by Thomas our Concierge.

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Yes, great location. Yes, lovely rooms with lots of space, newly renovated, comfortable bed. Yes, wine hour plus fruit-infused water all day in the gorgeous lobby space. Even a morning run along the river with the general manager (my husband took part). But above all, this place has Thomas the wonderful concierge who can do it all! Red Sox tickets? - got them. Rental car even though we needed a July 4th pick up when all companies were closed? - got it. No problem. Thomas did all of this via email/phone, at our request, well in advance of our stay. Made our lives so easy, all we needed to do was enjoy. (and everyone else we encountered was lovely too!)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ddme
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello ddme,

I’m thrilled you have taken the time to acknowledge the efforts of Thomas; he’s truly fantastic. It was a pleasure running with your husband; great way to start the day. I’m glad you enjoyed your accommodations and our evening wine reception.

Cheers,

The other Thomas
CONCORD
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a super choice if you are staying in Boston. It is extremely well located - about a ten minute walk to Faneuil Hall, about a two minute walk to the Green and Red line subway station and right down the street from the Boston Common. The hotel is very nice. All of the staff were great from the doormen, to the reception staff to the concierges who were wonderful with their suggestions. I had a room with two queen beds and although it was a bit cozy, it was fine. Flat screen TV, mini bar fridge, nice bathroom. Pretty much all you could ask for in a hotel. Lots of restaurants nearby, movie theatre down the street and plenty of places to shop, including a huge Walgreens around the corner in case you need anything. All in all, it was a great stay and a big THANK YOu to everyone at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not front onto Tremont Street.
Greetings Traveleasier,

I was pleased to note you made the most of our central location, and found our staff to be very accommodating.

Alabama
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband I stay at Kimpton hotels often and this one has to be a favorite.
The service was wonderful- the staff was all so nice and helpful.
Rooms were nice and clean and we were upgraded to a room with an excellent view at no charge.
Love the fruit infused water that's always available and of course the managers happy hour. :)
Convenient walgreens right around the corner as well.
Only area of improvement I would note is that the hotel bar/lounge was closed a majority of the time we were there.
Great choice for downtown Boston area!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank rolltide7
Hi rolltide7,

I’m glad you and your husband enjoyed the service provided by our staff, your accommodations and our lobby beverages. I am sorry our Highball Lounges is only open Wednesday through Saturday, but luckily this is Boston, so you run into a pub every block.

We look forward to your next visit,