“Great Location - a special spot”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Location - a special spot”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We enjoyed one night at the Kimpton Nine Zero and loved our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful and even helped us celebrate our anniversary with complimentary champagne waiting in our room. The view from our room on the 19th floor was spectacular - we could see many of the stops on the Freedom Trail from our window as well as the Charles River and all of the sailboats. This was my third time staying in a Kimpton property, and we will continue to look for them as we travel. From the unique furnishings and lobby wine hour to the modern feel and nice staff - this was a great stop.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hello Adfuquay,

Happy Anniversary again! I’m glad you enjoyed your champagne amenity and fabulous view. I was pleased to note you found our staff to be accommodating as well.

We look forward to your next visit and just hope it is before your next anniversary,

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
Reviewed June 22, 2014

All the reviews I read on TA helped me choose a great hotel for us in Boston. Amy was so helpful with all my package deliveries and the valet crew was friendly, helpful and went above and beyond. The location was right in the middle of all the activities we had planned. We walked just about everywhere and could have easily taken the city transportation if we had wanted. Our room was a large king with a large bathroom (a view room was available with a premium.) The furnishings were modern and very comfortable. An extra plus are the number of restaurants within less than 5 minutes of walking...from fine dining to pubs and sandwich shops. My only negatives: parking is pricey $40/day and the towels could be a little fluffier. I thoroughly enjoyed staying here,.. the wonderful staff , the great room, and the tasty flavored ice water in the lobby. I would stay here again and will recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hi gypsy33117,

Thanks for choosing us and I am thrilled that Amy was such a big assistance to you. Sorry about the pillows and the parking charge. I’m glad you enjoyed our central location, our décor and refreshing water station.

We hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed June 21, 2014

short trip-
after a long travel day arrived to - hectic valet scene..accept it , narrow alley.. move on
check in -front desk is attentive oh.. you had a long day? you know what- u should grab a glass of wine and take it with you,yes- i accepted...

nice suite, plenty of space with sliding doors for bedroom and bath- smart design
comfortable bed- i know i was tired, but slept great- woke up in the morning and had
to get more sleep because it seemed like the right thing to do..
no noise from neighbors at all in the hotel..
window gives you a peek at the park across the street and makes you want to go explore the city

room service- less than 15 minute breakfast delivery--and great french toast

text valet ahead of time and your car miraculously is there waiting for you
coffee in the lobby, yes thank you
need a late check out, yes was accommodated
needed boarding pass printed , yes was accommodated -
this team here is about the guest- nice stay

sites and scenes- new berry street near berklee college, shops and restaurants , students playing music, people taking painting classes etc

copley mall- high end shops ( bally, lvmh, niemans and more ) cross the sky walk to ( saks and lord and taylor)

pastry- modern pastry or mikes ( pick the shortest line out the door)
restaurants - 100 italian restaurants in boston north end
duck tour - fun way to get over view of city

boston caught me off guard more than i expected, loved all the parks and people outside everywhere - will be back !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank row12
Hello row12,

I’m sorry our valet area was a little crowded when you arrived, but was pleased to note you took advantage of a glass of wine at check-in. I’m glad you enjoyed your suite accommodations, and that you slept like a rock only to awake to a wonderful room service breakfast.

We look forward to your return visit,

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Wow what a welcome at the nine zero our first stay and certainly will not be our last. From entering to the not so imposing, stuffy reception but to two lovely ladies on the desk, Amy and Stephanie who could not be more helpful. Thank you to Michelle in reservations for accommodating us in a perfect corner room on the 15th floor with a skyline view. The room was equally fab, not as big and imposing as my previous experience at the Lennox but certainly more updated with a contemporary but homely feel, it's sqm floor space may be slightly smaller than some but you would not know it or feel that by the layout of the rooms and amenities provided. A welcome platter of fruit, nuts, cheeses and biscuits and a bottle of wine on ice with chocolates wow, unsure if this is the norm but as my travelling companion was a beer drinker that was quickly responded to by two beers arriving to our room from a very pleasant lady from services.
They hold a wine hour between 5 and 6pm daily, white, red and soft drinks with canapés, it's a nice way to meet other guests and stop to relax, what's not to like in this hotel, perfect staff, perfect location near Faneuil, walking distance to the great restaurants in the Italian quarters of the North end, just 5 mins from Boston Common. The hotel feel is contemporary boutique with minimum stuffy approach to customer care, I will definitely make this my number one in the future. Also try out the hi ball lounge again a great buzz but with an intimate feel.
Oh did l forget to mention, the safe, iron, bathrobes, coffee facilities,yoga mat, iPad, 10 dollar tab for the hi ball lounge or mini bar, fantastic king size bed facing the beautiful view out across Boston. This hotel does not have the imposing exterior of some hotels but this hotel is a mini tardis with a personal quaint touch and superb staff who go that one step beyond in customer care. Thomas we love you and all the girls on reception take a bow for being so welcoming without being over bearing. Thank you all for a memorable stay.
Tips :
Nine Zero opposite Boston Common walking 5 minutes to Quincy market, restaurant and bars and a further 5 minutes to Boston harbour. Go for a skyline view from15th floor upwards, peaceful and quiet, away from the lifts and no banging doors in corridors, heaven. Would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the better outlook, corner room facing the common
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mauritius45
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hi mauritius45,

I’m thrilled you had so many stand out interactions with our staff, and that you had a wonderful arrival experience. I’m glad you enjoyed our central location and the ability to “wine” down at the end of the day at our evening manager reception in the lobby.

We look forward to your return visit,

Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. We had a very pleasant, spacious and comfortable room and found the staff at all levels to be extremely welcoming, helpful and friendly. A very nice touch was an email I received from the hotel a few days before our arrival, suggesting that if I emailed them a personal photo they would display it in our room. On entering the room on arrival my wife was thrilled to find a photo of our grandson on the desk. This is a good example of the hotel's attention to details and the steps they will take to maximise customer satisfaction. The hotel is quirky, with interesting decor and furniture – a refreshing change from most chain hotels. It's also in a perfect location for touring Boston on foot: close to Boston Common, the Freedom Trail and the dock area. Also conveniently close to the central Boston Avis car rental centre. And it's reasonably priced – good value, in fact. Best of all, a free happy hour in the lobby, late every afternoon introduced us to the joys of the mint julep. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Boston, will actively seek out other Kimpton hotels, and will certainly recommend Zero Nine to our family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Geoff N,

I’m glad you and your wife enjoyed our décor, location and evening reception in the lobby. Hopefully you were able to watch the Kentucky Derby along with your mint julep.

Until next time,

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2014

First, I will say I like the location- not even a block from Boston Common and the Park St. T station. It is only a few blocks from Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall as well. Everything in the hotel is thoroughly contemporary and not over the top with glitz and glam or complicated technology. The front desk staff is very welcoming and friendly. They had all my info and everything ready upon arrival.
Upon opening our room door, a special gift and card from the Lead Concierge awaited us with acknowledgment of my mentioning the upcoming stay on social media- nice touch.
The bathroom, by hotel standards, was huge with a shower stall that was clean and has the most amazing water pressure you could want (and constant water temperature.) All the expected amenities were there including robes and full-size/power hair dryer.
The electronic thermostat in the room did a very good job keeping the temperature constant throughout the stay. There was a clock radio with iPod dock. Next to that was box that has two electrical outlets and two USB ports for charging a phone and/or tablet. On the desk, there is even a Bluetooth speaker.
The blackout curtains did a good job. The bed, while not uncomfortable, is more on the firm side which may be an issue for some people. The pillows provided were very good. (They even have a pillow menu to request no less than six different kinds such as feather, foam, spine support, water-filled, etc.)
Of note is that the hotel is very quiet inside and we didn't hear much from the outside on the 16th floor overlooking Tremont Street.
Although unlike some hotels, they did not provide an itemized bill the night before checkout. However, checkout at the desk was quick and easy.
Unless something changes, this will be my go-to hotel for staying in Boston.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. Those overlooking Tremont Street have a pretty good view as well. I can r...
Green Features: For the most part good. Despite only leaving some towels on the floor daily, they seemed to change all the used towels.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Hello stenro,

I’m glad you enjoyed our location, accommodations and staff, and I am of course thrilled we can become your Boston hotel of choice.

We look forward to that next visit,

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I usually have to stay at a company owned hotel in Boston, but when it is filled I always try to stay at the Nine Zero. The staff is always friendly as they always are at a Kimpton property. I like the cool vibe that this hotel has - I even took a picture of myself in one of those striped robes. The manager reception in the lobby every evening is always a welcome sight when coming back from a day's worth of meetings.

This hotel is very convenient to the Boston Common and also the Red Line. The staff also gave me a great recommendation on a gastropub around the corner that had an excellent selection of beers on tap.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hi jjkleintx,

I was pleased to note you found our staff to be so friendly and armed with important advice such as where to locate a great draft beer selection. I’m glad you made the most of our central location and found your way to our manager hosted wine reception as well.

We look forward to your next visit,