“Great Hotel | Super location | Top Staff | Wine nights too!”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Never having been to Boston before I was unsure where to stay, there seemed to be a few * spots * …

Needless to say Nine Zero is super well located right in the heart of it! To be honest, IMO, it would have to be the best spot to stay! Close to the metro, Boston Common, Freedom Trail and a heap of CBD style shops and services. As well, an easy stroll across the common to Boylston Street and Newbury Street (shopping and restaurants).

The hotel itself is lovely, great sized rooms, richly appointed too. As well you could opens windows for fresh air which is always a plus.

A fine feature of the hotel was complimentary wine from 5 to 6, a great way to start a fun evening out.

1  Thank Tim T
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Hi Tim T,

It appears you were quite enamored with our central location, which was close to the sights, shopping and restaurants. I’m glad you enjoyed our large, well appointed guest rooms, and the fact that you can open the window. It’s hard to go wrong with complimentary wine every evening!

We look forward to welcoming you back,

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We loved this property! It was very trendy (not that that tends to matter much to us), right in THE heart of Beacon Hill just a block from the Boston Common and also very romantic rooms. We had a king room with a city view, and the room felt urban and chic, and also boasted fantastic views of the historic Granary Burying Ground, Tremont Street, the Common and the Boston Skyline. Service was excellent: great attention to detail, outstanding valet service, concierge, courteous, helpful front desk staff. Breakfast room service was surprisingly excellent: delivered on time, hot and really yummy! Plus, the bed was SUPER comfortable!

Room Tip: Skyline rooms are worth it if you want a view of the city!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Hello madpotter1323,

You don’t sound mad at all; rather delighted I would say. I’m glad you enjoyed our central location, accommodating staff and comfortable guest room.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I booked a last minute stay at Nine Zero based on the reviews here and the location of the hotel. We were not disappointed. We stayed for a birthday get-away and truly enjoyed our stay. The property has the feel of an upscale boutique hotel and the quality of service and attention to detail is impressive. The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable and the rooms are nicely furnished. I had mentioned the birthday stay when making my reservation and we were surprised with a bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room. The hotel is everything that it is advertised to be and I will definitely look to book at a Kimpton Hotel again.

1  Thank dreamplango
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Hi dreamplango,

Thank you for selecting us for your last minute birthday celebration trip. I was pleased to note you found our bedding to very relaxing and you of course enjoyed your champagne birthday amenity.

We look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent one night at nine zero in Boston. We stay at Klimpton hotels for the rooms but mostly for the quality of service and attention to detail. Nine Zero did not disappoint. Room 1205 was perfect, great view of the city below. Shower fantastic hot and forceful in pressure. Turn down service was sweet, chocolates, ice and the tv on when we returned in the evening with a relaxing aquarium of fish and the room filled with bubbling sounds
Front desk staff helpful and attentive. I would stay again

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Hello Lauren T,

I was pleased to note the major reason for you staying at Kimpton Hotels is our people! And I am of course happy that you enjoyed your guest room and various amenities as well.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This is a really excellent hotel. I stayed here for a quick overnight business trip, and it's everything it's advertised to be. The beds are comfortable, the furnishings are top notch, and the staff is friendly and helpful. You have to sign up for a free account for wifi, but it's no big deal, just a little inconvenient. You can't go wrong with this hotel, unless of course you reach into the mini bar, which is extremely overpriced, even for a high-end hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hi Ryan H,

I’m glad our location was convenient for your business trip and that you enjoyed your accommodations and our friendly staff. They are other great benefits for signing up for our Kimpton InTouch program besides our complimentary Wi-Fi; you will also get to enjoy $10 worth of items from the mini-bar on us.

We look forward to you next visit,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This was my first stay at a Kimpton Hotel. The Nine Zero in Boston was very comfortable and well appointed. It was in a great location and the service was excellent. The staff was very warm and friendly. My request for extra towels prior to arrival was accommodated and they were in my room when I arrived. My room also a beautiful view of the Boston skyline.

Room Tip: The view rooms were recently renovated and beautiful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Hello Mary D,

I was pleased to note we had your extra towels waiting for you and you found our location to be ideal. I am thrilled you had your first Kimpton experience at our hotel, and by the sound of things, it won’t be your last.

We look forward to your next visit,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nine Zero was a wonderful experience, welcoming, comfortable and high quality. Admittedly it was pricey, but I imagine that was due to Easter and the marathon and unfortunately these were the only days I could visit.
I have 3 other Kimpton hotels lined up in the next cities I am visiting and anticipate they will be as pleasing.
Worth signing up for the loyalty program - if only for the $10 mini bar credit and the free wi-fi.
I'll definitely stay here again next time I am in Boston.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Thomas F, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello argy2012,

I’m glad we made you feel comfortable and provided you with a high quality offering during your Boston visit. Yes, signing up for Kimpton In-Touch is the way to go! Thanks for staying at Kimptons during the rest of your US journey.

G’day,