“Great location”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Great front desk service. My room was nice with a king size bed. The pillows were extremely soft. The zebra robes and furry throw on the bed was interesting. The mini bar had everything including a teddy bear. The hotel was in a great location.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great location - walking distance to the attractions. Very attentive and motivated staff. The view from our room was fantastic and the furniture was in good shape.
Car parking was $40 per night which is definitely a total rip off.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

First the positive: location is excellent; rooms very quiet; immaculately clean; everyone on staff is friendly but unobtrusive and seem genuinely eager to assist in any way; the fruit/veggie water in the lobby was welcome and refreshing each morning and evening as we came and went; the purple lights/fish on the TV with relaxing music was welcome upon returning to our rooms. For a city hotel, our room size was fine and we were happy there was adequate drawer space to unpack our suitcases. Enjoyed the large magnifying mirror in the bathroom. View from our Skyline room gorgeous! On our first night, since I was a Kimpton member but not an alcohol user, they sent us up a lovely fruit/cracker/cheese plate with bottled water--thanks! I also appreciate the staff person who delivered a much-needed icy cold tall glass of milk to my room late in the evening without charging the "tray charge" usually required for room service--I really needed the milk and thanks for not charging me $9!!! Personally, I found the fake fur blankets on the beds a little weird so we packed those away in the closet during our stay. Our beds were curious--they were not very comfortable and in fact, it seemed to both of us that the beds were somehow slanted so you felt as if you would roll out of bed.Strange. But the pillows and linens were first-rate. On the first night we requested the coffee maker in our room and they sent up a Keurig, but when we upgraded our room for the remainder of the trip the Keurig didn't get moved to the new room. The most serious problem was when we upgraded our room, we were told to have all our luggage packed and it would be moved and in the new room when we came back in the next day. I left a tip and we left 4 suitcases packed in our room. When we returned, however, only 2 suitcases were in our new room! We alerted the front desk and they quickly located and delivered the 2 suitcases left behind, but this did cause my companion some consternation and fear and we were just thankful no one had occupied our first room where I suppose the luggage had been left behind (along with the coffeemaker). In all fairness, we didn't point out about the coffeemaker not being moved or I'm sure they would have delivered it; I just wish they would have noticed and taken care of this anyway when we moved to another room. Overall, the staff could not have been more delightful, helpful, and pleasant. I'm not sure I would stay here again with so many other options available in Boston, but I'm not ruling it out either. We did not take advantage of the complimentary bicycles but thought it a nice touch that option was available.

Room Tip: request a high floor and the skyline views are worth the extra price
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nine Zero is a lovely hotel situated within walking distance to so many attractions. It is very close to Downtown Crossing and a short walk to Faneuil Hall. It is crisp, clean and eco-friendly and they also have bicycles to rent if you prefer riding instead of walking.

I love the idea of cocktail hour from 5-6 each day to gather in the lobby and mingle with other guests.

The prices are a bit on the high side but worth it when you experience all they have to offer.
The service was exceptional and the people were very friendly and more than helpful.

I would return when I can stay a bit longer.

Room Tip: I should have asked for a room with a view and not the brick building next door
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend to celebrate our 29th anniversary. The hotel decor definitely has some panache, and the service is fantastic. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go except the museum of art (and we took the train). I will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I picked a perfect hotel to spend a week of our honeymoon. We cannot say one bad thing about our 6 night stay. The Nine Zero exceded all of our expectations. The staff had a GENUINE feel that they wanted to do all they could for you and make you feel extremely comfortable. They went above and beyond for us. The Nine Zero will be the only hotel we stay at when we travel to Boston.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I attended a Leadership week from Harvard which was held at the Harvard Club. The location of the Hotel was perfect, 4 minutes walk to my meeting, plenty of food offering around as well as shopping. The Hotel is comfortable, quite nice furniture, a bit funky but still functional. I stayed there for 6 nights. From the readings on the Web-page, I thought to find a very nice, personalized service and attention too details. My reality was, arriving on Sunday evening, check in process quickly, no one helped me with luggage. The room had a good size and nice view, comfortable bed and excellent shower. The quality of the towels was good, bed linnen had some holes in it, however sleeping quality was very good. In a relatively small boutique Hotel I would expect some one to check with me during 6 days stay, if every thing was ok, never happen. Reception was most of the time understaffed, some receptionists happy to help, others just looking into the computer. The housekeeper left a nice note on the first day, however her cleaning skills were not very good. Enough dust every were and the floor was hoovered max. 1 during the week, I spotted some dust on the floor and little papers, which were still there when I checked out. the only Highlight was OSKAR the breakfast waiter. He was smiling, paid attention and brought me my white egg omlet without too much oil. Unfortunately breakfast room was closed from day 3 to day 6, which I found quite odd during fairly good occupancy of the Hotel. The Hotel claims to be boutique, the cheap plastic waste buckets are not in line with this message, nor their missing attention too detail. I used to stay at the Windham in Boston and found their personal service to be much better. I wanted to test something new, however, definitely not going back. Saturday morning check out, after 6 days the receptionist would not even ask if I enjoyed my stay, if all was ok, just focused on the process collecting the money. The printed out recept was just put on the desk, I had to ask for an enveloppe, how much boutique is this? I asked for a questionnaire, which should have lead her to the question, have you been happy with the stay, anything I can help you with. She only asked with her eyes still into the computer, you will get an online one, end of check out. Management pls, the furniture does not make a Hotel boutique, its the staff, start with your manager, when walking in the hallway, he does not even great his guests, nor does he want to step into the elevator with them. Would be a good moment to find out, what your guests really think, not only the one which do give you praise, be aware of your silent customers. Definitely not making reccommandation to any one looking for good service, if they just look for location and infrastructure ok

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business