“Awesome & relaxing”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #21 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening after a 5 hour flight delay. The front desk was wonderful in making sure we were comfortable. We have not eaten and they suggested a place for a quick bite and picked it up and brought it to our room. The wine hour is also fun!
Easy walk to the T, clean hotel, good with kids!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank oscare389

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Really sexy, well kept and perfect location! We live nearby - but wanted a night in Boston - it was our anniversary and they surprised us with treats - I love the kimptons - they have great service and wonderful charm!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank naturegirlcitygirl
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Really bad hotel

Look at the photo of the view from my room, a brick wall 4feet from my window.
Bed was terrible and squeaked every time I moved.
The paint on the ceiling in the bathroom was peeling
$42 to park my car and left it on the street last night
Air conditioner made a loud noise every time it turned on.
When we got back from dinner and it seemed like we had a message. Couldn't
figure out how to retrieve the msg. Called the front desk and they said they
would call me back and never did.
Need I say more................................

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dan f
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear dan f,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Nine Zero on your recent trip to Boston. I assure you that the only people more disappointed in the quality of your stay than you, is us. The failure to communicate, as well as the overall condition of your room are unacceptable and not indicative of the Nine Zero Experience. We would like to invite you back to stay with us and enjoy the service we expect for all of our guests. Please call me directly at 617-772-5848 to arrange where I may send your gift certificate. Thank you for taking the time to provide your valued feedback and we look forward to your return.

Highest regards,

Mark Hayes

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

For a long haul business trip this hotel is awesome. You arrive after a 20hr flight to meet a very happy reception desk who give you a full rundown on the services and amenities. Note people rave about the wine hour and its great but to make this place special I missed it by two hours on my arrival and they offered me a free wine sent to my room... Little things like this are special. Nothing to this hotel staff is a issue. Rooms are great the breakfast in hotel is more than acceptable and the Pub next door is convenient when you want a beer, sport and small talk fix. I have nothin negative to say on this hotel. Time will tell if what I experience is consistent and maintained as I expect be frequenting this hotel at least 3 time a year going forward due to business commitments. Well Done Nine Zero!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We arrived late and tired and were delighted with the welcoming service we received on check in. The receptionist told us all about the hotel and explained that there was a complimentary wine hour from 5-6pm each day. As we checked in late, we had missed it, but he offered a glass of wine to help us settle in - lovely touch.
We had booked continental breakfast which was lovely and again with excellent service.
The hotel location couldn't be better, right on the Freedom Trail and within very easy walking distance to underground (T), Downtown shops, Newbury Street, Boston Common and loads of restaurants.
The reception advised us on underground tickets (Charliecard) and we used it to go to Harvard and JFK Museum & Library. Also used the underground to get back to Logan airport. Underground was great with connecting free shuttle buses to both Logan and JFK Museum.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Skyline View Room with One King Bed. 17th floor, amazing views of Boston Common and the Charles. Great staff. Said the Kimpton secret word for July and got a bottle of vino for our effort. Loved the iPad. Loved the killer AC during a record-setting heat wave. Funky appointments in the room, as expected. Loved the fish channel. Kimpton does it right. Could have lived without the constant techno-pop soundtrack in common areas but all in all, a great stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GMNNZ, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

July 31, 2013

Dear kkurth,

Thanks so much for your recent review posted on Trip Advisor. Can I just say, I Loved, loved, loved reading your review and comments on the View, I Pads and the fish channel. I especially enjoyed knowing you were comfortable in the air conditioned room, that was one hot weekend!!

I will share your kind comments with the entire team and look forward to serving you on your next visit!

In Service,

Jimmy Hord

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in the Nine Zero for one night. The rooms were very clean and quite spacious. The location is excellent with respect walking distance to restaurants, bars, Boston Common and the famous Freedom Tour walk (starting point is across the street from the hotel).