“GREAT ROOMS/LOCATION” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“GREAT ROOMS/LOCATION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Love Kimpton hotels! Fantastic location - within walking distance of Public Gardens, Newbury Street, ChinaTown. Wine reception late afternoon. Modern rooms, well furnished- very nice staff. Oh- call at least 30 mins for your car otherwise you'll have to wait quite awhile

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Minnetonka, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here twice on business trips in December 2012 and January 2013. The staff was helpful, as usual, and not "bound" by rules (i.e., I was offered a glass of wine at check-in because I had arrived two hours after happy hour ended). My room on the 10th floor had a view of Boston Common. Nice-sized room, roomy desk where I could work, well-stocked mini bar for when work was done. The gym is small but has very nice elliptical trainers. Room service breakfast was good. Room service dinner was mediocre (which is what I get for not leaving the hotel to experience Boston restaurants). Boston is a compact town, and I was able to walk to all my meetings. A nice experience. p.s. Become a Kimpton In Touch member for free, and in-room internet access is free, plus you get a $10 credit toward the mini bar.

Room Tip: I think I was in room 1005-- many windows. One side has nice views. The other side looks out on a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank m3grrl
Johnsonville, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We used SniqueAway to get a terrific deal on a Kimpton Hotel close to our son in Boston, and it was a wonderful experience! The staff are superior, the rooms and beds were comfortable, and the wine hour is a bonus. Coffee in the morning was very good, although I did crave a slightly more complex brew for my first (and second) cup. We will definitely go to Nine Zero again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel has great service. The wine reception is really nice - get the Hot Toddie if it's available. The lobby is small, but it has huge windows for seeing the busy Boston street life go by. The rooms are comfortable - beds especially. My only gripe that would give this property a 4 star rating is the room service. it was delivered friendly and quickly, but the menu is extremely tired. My omelet was dry and the potatoes were bland. The juice was good - seemed fresh squeezed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Loren B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We came to Boston for the 1st time to celebrate my birthday. This hotel is in such a great location- across from Boston Common and short walk from T stations. Great restaurants nearby too, the Thinking Cup coffee shop is a short walk away- it was great every morning! We even saved $ by taking the T from the airport to one just a short walk to the hotel. Besides the location, the hotel itself is modern (but not in a cold way), very clean, and friendly. The evening wine hour each night off the lobby was great, and they even had hot totties bc it was cold outside. We loved Boston so much that we are coming back in the summer and staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Puglvr26
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had a couple of issues on check-in, but they were solved relatively quickly, and I got a chance to enjoy the hotel.

I was put in a top-floor king room, which is highly unusual as an Inner Circle member. Typically, I receive suite upgrades. I was told that they did not have suite availability on the night that I was there, which contradicted their own website! This was aggravating, and it certainly put a damper on an otherwise great hotel.

As always, the Inner Circle perks were great, and the staff were welcoming. The wine hour is also fantastic. The rooms were quite nice and the views are fantastic.

Of note: there is not an on-property restaurant, although there are a number of options in the nearby area. They do offer 24 hour room service, however.

The following night, I stayed at Hotel Marlowe, which I found to be a much nicer property, although the location of Nine Zero can't be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March of 2012 and it's still one of my favorite spots in Boston. It's conveniently located to nearly everything you could want and there are tons of great places within walking distance.

The hotel was impeccably clean, the staff friendly, and the food wonderful. The staff had the extra touch needed to make my stay worth-while and I've been recommending all of my friends to the Nine Zero.

Upon check-in I realized I had lost my picture ID and the gentleman at the front desk patiently waited while I fished my Passport out of my car. They were great getting me settled and making sure I had everything I needed.

I'd suggest you try out the restaurant too - excellent!

The parking was unlimited in-and-out valet service for a reasonable price but ditch your car and walk around Boston, there's no other way to enjoy the city.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo