“Terrific Location in the Heart of Boston”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at the Nine Zero while attending a weekend family event in the Boston area. The Nine Zero is located in downtown Boston close to Boston Commons and is walking distance to the main train station as well as easily accessible to freeway entrances. The hotel is located within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. We choose the Nine Zero partly as result of being a Kimpton InTouch Loyalty Program member and partly because of the relatively good rate for a downtown Boston luxury property. I believe being a Loyalty Program member paid off as we were given a very nice room on the top floor. For a downtown Boston property, the room we were provided was more spacious than I had anticipated and more than adequate for a couples weekend stay.

I made good use of the hotel's fitness center. While I did not eat in the hotel's breakfast room, I did like the complimentary coffee set up on the second floor (although, I always prefer in room coffee makers which was not a feature here).

I certainly would recommend and return to the Nine Zero. The only drawback was the difficult valet parking setup as access was on a small narrow side street off of Tremont.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear TripTex,

Being a loyalty member always pays off. Even in ways you may not expect. Like we can add a coffeemaker to your pre-arrival request so you have one waiting for you in the room. The best of both worlds!

Safe travels,

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Decided to explore Boston before a week of work in MA. Nine Zero was a perfect base to explore the city. A great selection of restaurants around. Two T stations nearby, and walking distance to the Boston Common is easy. We decided not to take up breakfast at the hotel, but explored Newbury Street instead - a short walk away. The room was neat, tidy but quite small. Good idea to try for an upgrade from the Deluxe room.

Room Tip: The Queen Deluxe is smallish for two to share. Rooms on the highest floors have a view of Boston I...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Grant H.

Nine Zero: Exploration Station. That probably won't make it through marketing, but it is very true for all the reasons you listed above. The Queen Deluxe rooms probably have the largest variety in room size depending on where they are situated on the building, but for a view, I would defintely inquire at check-in about available upgrades if that is what you have booked.

Best,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Nine Zero is a very smart joint, slap bang in the middle of Boston. There are several T stations nearby, Boston Common is a stone's throw away, Macy's is just around the corner, and the rest of the city centre is easily walkable. The hotel staff are friendly and efficient, the breakfast room is nice, and the room we had was large, stylish, well fitted-out, quiet, and had very comfortable beds. Highly recommended for a stay in this lovely city.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor if you can.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear jghastings,

Thank you for staying with us as well as taking the time to offer your feedback. Hopefully we'll see you again soon - maybe in warmer times.

Safe travels,

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nine zero has a lot going for it - just off Boston Common; a modern feel and excellent staff. In particular, the concierge, Andy, was very helpful both arranging things before arrival and once there. As others have said, the downside to the location is noise and no view in rooms lower down, but we were near the top of the hotel and there were no problems. If I had to say anything negative, the double queen rooms are a bit tight on space.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Dullardd,

Thank you for visiting us on your recent trip to Boston. We never say tight on space here...just "big on opportunities to get reacquainted with your roommates". In all seriousness - our hotel rooms are actually of above average size for a downtown property. The din near the ground floor actually is not too bad either as this part of Boston gets awfully quiet after 9pm due to the government and financial institutions surrounding us.

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed November 26, 2012

i on arrival paid cash and was regardsed as a drug dealer, the staff were looking at a customer as an inconvenience,i asked for room service for my shirts to be washed and ironed at 11.00 rmonday morning, by wednesday the had been no sign of room service for two days.i saw around 10 people staying this is why the is so few people,no service "don't give a dam staff"
i complained three times no one did anything. afhet i left and as british when i had arrived in london $100.00 had been deducted from my account,i complained by e mail,phone,here is the reply. phone "$100.00 is expences" what expences???
e mail here is your bill" i have the bill why did you charge me $100.00 ???
do not stay here

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank LondonTourman

Dear LondonTourman,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the quality of service you received during your stay. By your standards and ours, it fell far short of what we expect of ourselves. We work with our guests on payment options that run the whole gamut of possibilities and I assure you we do not judge a cash paying guest any differently than a guest paying with credit card. I am sorry that you felt you were receiving different treatment and a lower level of service because of that. I would be happy to speak with you personally regarding the other issues you mentioned. My direct line is 617-772-5848. I promise you that our entire staff gives a da[rn] and would love the opportunity to prove it on your next trip to Boston.

In Service,

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here for the fourth time recently, never been disappointed by this hotel
Great location within walking distance of all shops and attractions, easily accessible on t from airport.
Big rooms, super comfy beds
Breakfast is great
Ask for a high room with view of Common, views are stunning
Next time I am in Boston on holiday with my family I will stay here

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevie V
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Stevie V,

Thank you for staying with us - four times over! We can't wait to meet your family next time you are on holiday.

Happy travels,

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I just had to rave over this BEAUTIFUL hotel!! The location is perfect. We were able to walk everywhere. So close to Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, Granary Burying Ground, Boston Common, T stops, AMC Movie Theaters, etc. The rooms were very well appointed. If you are into mini bars, then this is your place! Oh, did I mention how great this hotel smells!! It smells like a spa all the time! Another special little touch was the water decanters in the foyer. Everyday they are filled with water and fresh fruit. Very refreshing. Don't forget too that every evening at 5 pm they have complimentary wine! The staff was wonderful and very helpful! I'm telling you...look no further...book this hotel next time you head to Boston!

Room Tip: Our room was #710 If I could do over, I would ask for a room on the FRONT of the hotel. Than you...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tracy S

Dear Tracy S,

I think I counted 15 exclamation points in your post - which translates into a lot of excitement! Happily it was over your stay. We're excited that you chose us and hope to see you again soon...!

Enthusiastically,