“Wonderful location!”

Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
Ranked #19 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Came to Boston for a long weekend. Hotel is situated in a wonderful location so that you can walk almost anywhere if you want. Very close to the T also. Clean room, decent exercise room and nice lounge. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Shadow09Columbus,

Thank you for sharing your long weekend with us. Although I'm not sure what you were doing in the fitness center on a weekend...

Can't wait to see you again,

Mark

Write a ReviewReviews (2,781)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Perfectly located, clean, well-appointed, phenomenal client service, best concierge in Boston (Thomas Burke), great bar and restaurant! Our favourite home away from home when traveling to Boston. Make sure to get a Boston Common view, preferably a corner NW view room, not overlooking AC roof unit of building next door.

Room Tip: High, away from elevators, NW corner view over Boston Common.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear JRToronto,

Welcome home! Thank you for all of the great comments regarding this (and other stays). Thomas is a rockstar for sure. But I have to warn you - by giving away your secrets to room locations - they're going to become scarcer and scarcer. You're supposed to keep those nuggets to yourself. I'll try to distract future readers with (LOUD NOISE) something.

Best,

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Disappointing
Does not measure up to other kimptons.
Tiny, cramped lobby
Stressed front desk staff
Primitive bathroom fixtures
Shop by price at this property ... Not worth a premium
In boston, there are other options
Not on my .... Will return list unless discounted

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 501casper,

We hate to disappoint you (no but here). To be honest - when I saw your review I thought it was an ee cummings - so I was a little disappointed as well. Although I can understand what you wrote - which is a definite plus. Kidding aside, there is a lot of good feedback here. Number 1 being the stressed front desk staff. I have given everyone a vacation so they can come back refreshed and rejuvenated because we know that feeling is contagious. There are always great sales available on Kimptonhotels.com OR better yet - if you are an InTouch member, you routinely get exclusive sale offers. Hopefully we'll see you then!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We recently completed a two-night stay at the Nine Zero. This was our first trip to Boston, so picking a hotel for us was very difficult because we had no clue! We got lucky! Admittedly, we got a great deal from Snique Away, so I guess you could say we were doubly fortunate to not only have stayed at a great place, but at a great price. I can say enough about the staff..they were terrific. From the moment we walked in the door until the time they hailed a cab for us to leave, we were treated like we were valued customers. The friendliness, warmth, caring and concern that were showed to us was like nothing I have ever seen in all my travels..that's saying a lot. The hotel itself was beautiful and clean. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The hotel is nicely situated to make it easy to get to public transit as well as walk to to many of Boston's major attractions. The concierge was also extremely helpful in suggesting and arranging our tours of the city. The complimentary wine came as a complete but welcome surprise. The server was most congenial and generous in her servings and welcomed guests to enjoy more-again the feeling conveyed of being a valued guest!

If I have a complaint, it would be about the price of coffee at breakfast. In my estimation, $4.50 is over the top for a cup of coffee, especially since complimentary coffee is available 24/7. What gives? Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast.

I would highly recommend the Nine Zero!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear class372,

We were the lucky ones! Thank you for taking a chance on us through SniqueAway. A great deal never hurts a hotel experience. A little tip for Kimpton hotels - if you see a lower price on a 3rd party site - we'll match it if you call our reservations line. There are a number of perks to doing so - one of which is cancellations and modifications are much easier!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I went to Boston for a meeting at a local law school and stayed at the Nine Zero. The Hotel could not be more convenient to everything in Boston. It is just accross the street from the Boston Commons. So my afternoon run through the Commons and Boston Gardens was a treat. The staff and the accomodations were first rate. The rooms are not the largest you will find but they have everything you need to make a home away from home. The wine at 5pm in the lobby at Klimpton's is a really nice touch after a long day. I plan on staying there again when I return to Boston.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Fred U,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent meeting at the local school. Which reminds me of a joke...How can you spot a good lawyer? He's staying at a Kimpton Hotel...

Okay, not one of the better ones.

Happy travels,

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Overall it was a nice hotel. Central location, nice stay, complimentary wine, etc... However, they charged my credit card for the mini fridge and I did not even open the fridge. I keep trying to dispute the transaction with them, but I get transfered to a voicemail at billing and I do not get my calls returned. If you stay here, check your credit card a few days later and make sure they don't charge you eroneously.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank adriana2132
DirectorofOps90, Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear adriana2132,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Boston. I am terribly sorry that the overall good experience has been ruined by our inability to respond to your query in a reasonable amount of time. While it is not typical of our accounting department to drop the ball like this, it is in no way acceptable. I have followed up to verify that the charge has been reversed and the full amount has been credited to your card. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience and truly hope that the next time you are in Boston you will stay with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I travel from Bangalore to Boston at least twice a year and always stay here - have been doing so for the last many years. The location, in downtown and just next to Boston Common, is what attracts me as well as the huge choice of restaurants around. The rooms are good, though not very modern or luxurious The rooms have a homely feel and the superb breakfasts are a great way to begin the day.

Room Tip: A higher floor room with a view of Tremont street is what I ask for.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Freelander270,

Thank you for returning to us again and again. We certainly appreciate that there are a lot of options between here and Bangalore, and we are flattered that they have not stolen you from us. I picture the aroma of the french toast drifting out the window - luring you in, as if you are floating, in one of the old Merry Melodies cartoons.

Happy travels,